Headliner Suggestions (not a wish list!)

[cough] Iced Earth [/cough]

Zod

it appears that this cold is going around, cause ive been [cough] Iced Earth [/cough]ing for quite a while

also iced earth i think are definitely more power metal than thrash

it also appears that power metal is the most dominant tag on last.fm for iced earth > http://www.last.fm/music/Iced+Earth meaning more people thought iced earth for power metal than anything else.

when i think thrash, i think more towards megadeth and that kind of metal, more in your face type stuff i guess. but apparently some people thought iced earth were thrash as thats a tag on their page as well, but power metal is definitely a more accurate fit.

but it doesnt really matter what they are, their genre could be called homoerotic lounge metal, and id still like it just the same

Shadow Gallery makes CD's, but never plays live? WTF is that all about? Lazy bastards!

I would think the vocals might be the reason (just a wild guess).

As for Fates Warning I love them but I think they've been asked but wouldn't take the bait. I've seen them twice and even though the music is so good, they just didn't put on any kind of presence on stage. Who knows, it might have been a couple of bad nights.:lol:

it appears that this cold is going around, cause ive been [cough] Iced Earth [/cough]ing for quite a while

also iced earth i think are definitely more power metal than thrash

it also appears that power metal is the most dominant tag on last.fm for iced earth > http://www.last.fm/music/Iced+Earth meaning more people thought iced earth for power metal than anything else.

when i think thrash, i think more towards megadeth and that kind of metal, more in your face type stuff i guess. but apparently some people thought iced earth were thrash as thats a tag on their page as well, but power metal is definitely a more accurate fit.

but it doesnt really matter what they are, their genre could be called homoerotic lounge metal, and id still like it just the same

Im mainly them justifying them to myself so that Rhapsody/Nevermore is confirmed :kickass:

Honestly, as far as I know there's always been two generally accepted subsets of power metal - the more "traditionally" influenced styles and the Euro-speed styles. Iced Earth clearly fall into the former group.

Oh and ..... uh....[AH-CHOO!!]Iced Earth[/quote] or something.

Jason

I think the old stuff is more epic heavy metal, like Jag Panzer. I honestly cant think of a band to define Power Metal than Rhapsody.