New Headliner! Would you pay extra to see...

General Zod said:
Did someone suggest Nevermore was more progressive?

I don't think anyone really went on and on, about how much they hated DT.

Interesting. I wasn't even aware that when you start a thread, you get to set rules for that thread.:loco:

Zod

Sigh.

I guess nobody but YOU gets to express an opinion, eh?

Oh and thanks for staying "on-topic."

I guess if the Nevermore fanboys really want to see them this fall, they can pay a little extra, get on a plane, and fly to Europe for the tour.

If I had to hand Glenn a few extra bucks to get Redemption back, or Symph X, I would do that too. But I think Sir Russel would probably come back for scale.

Oh and someone mentioned Brainstorm in another thread. I would put Andy and the crew up for the weekend at the hotel just to see them headline.

Although I have loved DT since the beginning, I have seen them more than twenty times live. I don't think they're the right fit for the festival.

Greykiller said:
You can say that, living an hour away from a town they seem to play at every year...Meanwhile they have only played two or three times in south florida in the last 10 years. Which explains why I (and a lot of other people around me) have only seen them three times.

Here is another angle on this: lost of people who only know DT might buy tickets and be exposed to a bunch of groups they never would have heard of if not for PP. And that can only help the cause...

I'm always up for seeing Dream Theater under any circumstances, but I also understand those who would prefer not to. They do tour quite a lot as it is.

But I like your idea of exposing Dream Theater fans to Prog Power bands. I just think Earthlink is a little small for that. I think it's pretty much a given that PP will sell out anyway and how many "new" fans would you really get to bring in? In my fantasy world, Dream Theater would headline a Prog Power type festival at a bigger venue, and it would be a year when there were at least a few more prog metal bands. Everyone would fall in love with bands like Threshold, Vanden Plas, Angra, Symphony X, Evergrey, etc and those bands would then start to tour the States more on their own. :)

i saw them gigantour as well, and they definatly have awesome talent...never hit it off too big for me though. but, honestly i think they are too big and such for that. i think there are other bands not nearly as popular in the states yet that deserve the chance glenn offers.

if you want a huge name headliner for a festival like this, psh, who else than maiden? :tickled: w00t. hah, but from my understanding this isnt for bands this big, who could use this awesome event as a tour date during a US tour.

Greykiller said:
Sigh. I guess nobody but YOU gets to express an opinion, eh?
When and where did I say this? Talk about twisting things. It was you who said:

Greykiller said:
If you want to cry about how you hate DT you might want to start your own thread."

In essence, what you said was, "if your opinion doesn't agree with mine, get out of my thread." But please, point out where I said, or even insinuated, that no one should be able to express an opinion but me.

Greykiller said:
Oh and thanks for staying "on-topic."
OK... first off, this is the internet, nothing stays "on topic". Second, where did I go off topic? My only response to this thread (before YOU went off topic, and started talking about the anti-DT sentiment on the board) was a direct, one line response to your question.

You really like to twist the truth, don't you?

Greykiller said:
I guess if the Nevermore fanboys really want to see them this fall, they can pay a little extra, get on a plane, and fly to Europe for the tour.
And I guess the DT fanboys can do likewise.

Zod

I couldn't afford to pay extra for DT. I would be spending my money on a pillow and sleeping bag for their set. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I saw DT back when I & W came out at a local shithole for $1.04 admission. They were great back then. Gigantour... I think me and about 500 other people needed coffee to stay awake. Even though, Megadeth didn't help the sleepiness either... WOW were they boring!

Greykiller said:
Dream Theater? IIRC, the ticket price for Gigantour was in the 30-50 dollar range, most of which went to Megadeth. Which leads me to believe that we could get DT here for a fraction of that ticket price over and above what we would normally pay.

Glenn has already stated that DT is expensive...too expensive for this show. But what if he just raised the ticket prices, just this once, to have DT here?

Of course this idea probably throws the doors open to a bunch of other bands that might be out of the price range for this concert...and I am sure about a dozen threads will start soon with new headliner suggestions...So I would say lets keep this thread to the idea of booking a "higher priced" band that would cost us more to see.

And yeah, I would pay 20-50 bucks more to see DT headline.

:yuk:

No fucking way.

:puke:

guardian26 said:
Nightwish's first show with the new singer haha
Ditto. I'd give anything for that, but we all know we gotta wait a "little" longer. PPVIII, oh please, please please. ;)

DT? No way, only 'cause I've seen them so many times before and though they're great musicians, I still don't "get it." :err::D