Bands you don't want to see as headliner ... UNLESS

Dec 16, 2002
www.facebook.com
My choice for band I don't want to see is Running Wild ...... UNLESS they were to show up with a Pirate ship outfitted with canons that spanned the length of the stage. There also would have to be real life naked women on the bows, and pirate midgets swinging from masts. All of this would make for one hell of a show.

Britt

DarkTide said:
My choice for band I don't want to see is Running Wild ...... UNLESS they were to show up with a Pirate ship outfitted with canons that spanned the length of the stage. There also would have to be real life naked women on the bows, and pirate midgets swinging from masts. All of this would make for one hell of a show.
Unfortunately for me, the list of bands that could realistically headline this show, that I don't want to see, is much longer than those that I would want to see.

Bands I don't want to see:

Pain of Salvation
Gamma Ray
Pretty Maids
Running Wild
Shadow Gallery (not very realistic)
Rhapsody (not very realistic)
Masterplan
Helloween
Freedom Call
Rob Rock (is this at all realistic?)
Gravedigger
Sonata Arctica
Threshold (not very realistic)
Dream Evil
Dragonforce
Hammerfall (I'm not a fan of Silly Metal)
Edguy (I've seen three times)

Zod

I'd agree with all those bands you posted except for one ... Shadow Gallery. I'm a fan, and in my book it would be a huge score if Glenn could get these studio only dwellers up off their asses to do live performance. It's about time they overcame the stage fright or whatever and did a live gig. I will say though that their last disc is pretty awful in my opinion. It was probably my #1 dissapointment of 05'.

Britt

Any generic, German Power Metal band...redundant I know. Unless, of course, I've gone on to the great Earthlink Live in the sky, and can not attend anyway.:D

I'm sure SG are very competent musicians, but remember what happened when another no-live-show band first started playing out? From what I heard when Rhapsody first started performing live they were unbelievably awful (now I hear they're great, still haven't seen them). And my guess is a big part of that was not knowing exactly how to organize their live show with their extremely studio-oriented material (ie: massive overdubs, etc). Compromises have to be made, sounds reexamined, etc.

My guess is unless SG rehearsed for a long time and did several small warm-up gigs (making the big one slightly less exclusive) what you'd see on stage would fall short of the vast majority of expectations (with of course a few exceptions with people who purely by being able to see them live, completely gloss over anything lacking in the peformance).

So count me in for not really wanting to see them unless they develop some stage chops first...and release a much better new album than Room V. :Spin:

General Zod said:
Unfortunately for me, the list of bands that could realistically headline this show, that I don't want to see, is much longer than those that I would want to see.

Pain of Salvation
Gamma Ray
Pretty Maids
Running Wild
Masterplan
Helloween
Freedom Call
Gravedigger
Sonata Arctica
Dream Evil
Dragonforce

Zod

I actually almost completely agree with you, with exception to:

Pain of Salvation
Sonata Arctica
Masterplan.

General Zod said:

Pain of Salvation
Gamma Ray
Pretty Maids
Running Wild
Masterplan
Helloween
Freedom Call
Gravedigger
Sonata Arctica
Dream Evil
Dragonforce

Zod

Other than PoS I would love to see any of those bands. Then again they are all Power Metal bands and I am a sucker for Power Metal no matter how cheesy or generic it is I just cant help myself.

Regor said:
WRONG!

Jon Schaffer IS Iced Earth.

Matt Barlow is just the best singer IE ever had.

I am going to have to agree Regor Jon Schaffer writes all the music and lyrics. He may be assisted a little here and there, but he is the genius behind IE.

I would say Rob Rock isn't headliner quality. I base that off of a lack of discussion about his stuff. There just aren't many people that seem to be huge fans of his.

As for Threshold I know Zod isn't a big fan of theirs because he thinks they are more rock than metal , and aren't really all that progressive. I also think it would be a stretch for them to be a true Prog Power headliner, but not an impossibility.

Britt

DarkTide said:
I'd agree with all those bands you posted except for one ... Shadow Gallery. I'm a fan, and in my book it would be a huge score if Glenn could get these studio only dwellers up off their asses to do live performance. It's about time they overcame the stage fright or whatever and did a live gig. I will say though that their last disc is pretty awful in my opinion. It was probably my #1 dissapointment of 05'.

Britt

HELL NO

I don't want to see Rhapsody... UNLESS they dress us all up as Thunderforce Knights and we lay siege to downtown Atlanta, slaying Dragon's and wielding our mighty steel without remorse, (with Rhapsody playing from a flatbed truck following us, of course.)

DreamThief said:
I don't want to see Rhapsody... UNLESS they dress us all up as Thunderforce Knights and we lay siege to downtown Atlanta, slaying Dragon's and wielding our mighty steel without remorse, (with Rhapsody playing from a flatbed truck following us, of course.)

This would be the coolest thing ever. Glenn get on it!!!