Bands you don't want to see as headliner ... UNLESS

Heavenly Call said:
Curious as to these...what do you mean my not very realistic? Amount of material not enough? Not popular enough? Personal preference? Any insight would be helpful.:)
Britt hit the nail on the head in respect to both. I actually think Threshold is a solid act, and a good live band. I just don't think they fit as a PP headliner, nor do I believe they deserve the slot.

Zod

DreamThief said:
I don't want to see Rhapsody... UNLESS they dress us all up as Thunderforce Knights and we lay siege to downtown Atlanta, slaying Dragon's and wielding our mighty steel without remorse, (with Rhapsody playing from a flatbed truck following us, of course.)

Wow. Just... wow.

DreamThief said:
I don't want to see Rhapsody... UNLESS they dress us all up as Thunderforce Knights and we lay siege to downtown Atlanta, slaying Dragon's and wielding our mighty steel without remorse, (with Rhapsody playing from a flatbed truck following us, of course.)

Sounds like a combination of a Tolkien film and a Dokken video. :loco:

I'll be in the room keeping an eye (and a hand and a mouth) on the beer while you guys are out slaying dragons.

General Zod said:
Unfortunately for me, the list of bands that could realistically headline this show, that I don't want to see, is much longer than those that I would want to see.

Bands I don't want to see:

Pain of Salvation
Gamma Ray
Pretty Maids
Running Wild
Shadow Gallery (not very realistic)
Rhapsody (not very realistic)
Helloween
Freedom Call
Rob Rock (is this at all realistic?)
Gravedigger
Sonata Arctica
Threshold (not very realistic)
Dream Evil
Dragonforce
Hammerfall (I'm not a fan of Silly Metal)
Edguy (I've seen three times)

Zod

Agree with you on all of those NOT being a headliner.

The one exception would be Masterplan. I'd like to see them simply because of the almighty Jorn Lande. But I'd rather that be a solo thing.

DreamThief said:
Good stuff, man !! That's what I was looking for.

Britt

Yippee38 said:
Gamma Ray (or any band for that matter)....

...unless they promise not to do a drum solo.
This could go for Rage as well. Mike Terrana went on for like ever with his Prog Power drum solo a few years ago. He's a hell of a drummer, but a person can only take 5 or 10 minutes of that crap.

Britt

DarkTide said:
This could go for Rage as well. Mike Terrana went on for like ever with his Prog Power drum solo a few years ago. He's a hell of a drummer, but a person can only take 5 or 10 minutes of that crap.

Britt

Yeah. For some reason I remember that one. He is good, but I don't - and I suspect most others don't - need a drum solo to recognize a drummer with a lot of talent. If the band needs a break, take a break. Bands have done that and not had their fans walk out on them.

DarkTide said:
Good stuff, man !! That's what I was looking for.

Britt
DarkTide, props to you for the whole idea. very funny... I especially enjoyed your pirate midgets, a nice touch.

Rock on... and I'll see you "At The Graves" :headbang:

DreamThief said:

How about this AND

DarkTide said:
the real life naked women on the bows, and pirate midgets swinging from masts.

THIS WOULD FUCKING RULE!!!!!!:kickass:

Don't want to see Helloween headline unless the lineup includes Michael Kiske and Kai Hansen.

Don't want to see Iced Earth without Barlow.

General Zod said:
I just don't think they fit as a PP headliner, nor do I believe they deserve the slot.

Zod

Thank god you have nothing to do with the choices Glenn makes!

Secret Sphere unless they bring Siegfried, Roy, and their tigers on stage to match the pants.

And Wuthering Heights unless they bring along a long haired, headbanging accordion player.