FREEDOM CALL

7thSaviour

Power Metal Maniac
Jul 8, 2005
Dixieland USA
This is a band I've always wanted to see at PPUSA, particularly as a headliner. Who else here loves this band? Favorite albums and songs? Their latest CD "Dimensions" kicks serios butt!:worship:rock::kickass: I say these powermetal legends deserve their shot to headline a future PPUSA! Hail!:headbang:

Legends? No. Headliner? Hell No.
Their first few albums were pretty good, but they've gotten worse with each release.

I think they deserve to be the second to last band to play, at least. I know this band is hated and disrespected at least as much as it is loved and respected. I love this band!:headbang:

I would love to see Freedom Call in any slot just to see them,but they do seem to get alot of negative flak basically in my opinion because they have positive lyrics and are dubbed by some as happy metal.In the new BW&BK they mostly rip Dimensions which is no suprise,however I like it aswell as all their releases.

I love love love love all that is Freedom Call. Crystal Empire is the only album they've released that I wasn't super crazy about, but I still like it. Dimensions is AWESOME! I would think 3 or 4 slot, but probably not headliner.

My album rankings from them would go:
Dimensions
Stairway to Fairyland
Eternity
Circle of Life
Crystal Empire (which, even though my least favorite, does have one of my favorite songs "Farewell")

Curufin your post made me laugh aloud.But I still like this band even if I get their lyrics confused.And I would like to see them,however they would at best get a 3 slot which is fine by me.

I've always enjoyed listening to this band, but Circle of Life was horrible. I haven't heard their new one, but I've heard it's a return to form.

As for the "gay" comment, Freedom Call's lyrics aren't any more "gay" than any other power metal band out there (i.e. Firewind). :lol:

I decided a long time ago not to take any of these guys seriously, because I don't think they take themselves seriously. That's part of the fun for me anyway. :kickass:

By the way, my favorite FC album is Eternity. In my opinion, there isn't a weak song on it. I don't think this band should be headlining, but I believe they're well deserving of a Friday night number three slot. I'm taking it that Glenn isn't a fan of this band, because I believe they would've played by now if he was.

~Brian~