HAMMERFALL!

mëtålspëd;7954451 said:
I distinctly recall hanging out with 3 of the IE guys at the bar, ragging on Hammerfall during their entire set.

IE, eh.... Well I really don't think anyone in the "warm up band of the century" should rag on anyone, especially not Hammerfall. Throwing stones while living a glasshouse and all that...

Hammerfall is an excellent band and a truly brilliant live act. They would be huge at PP.

IE, eh.... Well I really don't think anyone in the "warm up band of the century" should rag on anyone, especially not Hammerfall. Throwing stones while living a glasshouse and all that...

Hammerfall is an excellent band and a truly brilliant live act. They would be huge at PP.

They are great guys, and they have played PP.... has Hammerfall? :heh:

It doesn't matter to me if you don't like IE... everyone knows that cute little saying about opinions.

mëtålspëd;7955252 said:
Don't take my comments personally... just reliving my HF live experience, like a few others here have.

Nothing personal taken. What spawned my comment was your unnecessary "LOLZ I MAED FUN OF TEHM WITH IE." Whoopdee crap. I love HF, but I still joke about how cheesy they are. IE really has no place to be making fun of anyone, IMO. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. :lol:

Nothing personal taken. What spawned my comment was your unnecessary "LOLZ I MAED FUN OF TEHM WITH IE." Whoopdee crap.

Clearly you spun it to fit your agenda, since there is no LOLZ about it... it was a goddamn statement. I happen to enjoy some HF, but since I am just some ass who recants actual instances (like others here), clearly I cannot voice my dissenting opinion without being bagged on. Doesnt matter... enjoy the rest of this Hammerfall thread without me.

:rolleyes: Plenty of people dislike HF, and have stated as much in this thread. However, you are the only one that felt the need to brag about insulting them, while at one of their concerts. The irony is, they still have your money.

@Sumeet: Agreed about Anders. I often think I'm the only one that likes his drumming, and thinks he does a wonderful job. While I think Patrick is a skilled drummer, I never understood quite why so many people thought he was so great.

Granted, HF's drummers aren't expected to do much beyond keep a beat. It's not the most complex music in the world, so the limits of each musician's skill aren't fully realized in the work done with the band. I find this to be best illustrated by Magnus Rosen's solo work. The guy is a very skilled bassist, but you wouldn't know it, from his work with HammerFall. I have one of his bass albums, and it's an excellent album. Magnus is a very underrated musicion, IMO.

I agree - they already tour the states on a a regular basis. I've seen them myself at Jaxx a couple of years ago when they toured with Edguy. I'd rather see a band who doesn't tour the US than a band who has come over here several times.

You people that live near Jaxx (and B.B. Kings) have NO idea how lucky you are! I live in Texas and we get skipped all the time when it comes to bands like HammerFall and Edguy. I had to travel to Chicago to see HammerFall/Edguy a few years back. I hate when people say "fill-in-the-blank-band" shouldn't play ProgPower because they "tour the States all the time." Only playing Jaxx, B.B. Kings and a few other Northern cities does NOT qualify as "touring the States all the time!" I would LOVE to see HammerFall at a future PPUSA, they're one of the last few headliners that haven't played the festival yet.

I have to agree....not necessarily about Hammerfall per se, but about tour routing in general.

What's the closest Cynic is playing to Atlanta? Yep, the DC area.

And the number of bands who head west from there and skip the Southeast and places like Texas are legion. :(

I saw the IE, Edguy, and Hammerfall concert when it came through Chicago at the House of Blues and I gotta tell ya...Hammerfall blew me away. I consider myself a casual Hammerfall fan...I never seek out to listen to their stuff and I don't order their new material on or near the release date...in fact I mainly went to see Edguy for the third time after seeing them at ProgPower. Even with all the perceived "cheese"...Hammerfall is metal...they dress the part, act the part, and play the part. I was thoroughly impressed and would love to see them perform again!!! I am disappointed by all the haters out there for Hammerfall when all they do is channel everything we love about the genre that began for most of us in the early 80's. I say keep doin' what you are doin' and let the haters hate away.

HammerFall still rocks my metal world, and I can't wait to get their newest CD when it's fimnally released in a few weeks! Let the Hammer fall!