Grave Digger

From MetalAsylum.net....

Germany's Running Wild check in with the following news:
A new album entitled “Under Jolly Roger II: Return To Port Royal” will hit the stores in September this year!

This release will contain 13 songs, among them there will be titles like 'Captain Ahab', 'Fighting In The Shadows', 'Time And Space' and a 12-minute epic about Henry Every. Once again Andreas Marschall did an amazing job on the cover artwork.

Stay tuned for more news soon.

In the mean time, check out a live performance of the classic “Under Jolly Roger”
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMn-HL6w20U&feature=related[/ame] and “Bad to the Bone” [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwnipCkNgDw&feature=relat[/ame] ed

It kinda ages me but I've been into their music since '84, killer riffs but not for everyone, I think the vocals scare a lot of potential fans off but the rhythms and intensity of the stuff is unparallelled, kick ass band! :kickass:

The RW news should be on the RW thread, but thanks all the same. Now back to GD! M9 said it right! The music outweighs the vocals in a positive way!

Me too. I first heard GD on a metal radio program in 1984 then bought the record on the Banzai label. Amazing music and I've always wanted to see the band live.

My favourite non 80's GD song is Shadows of the Moonless Night.:headbang:

It kinda ages me but I've been into their music since '84, killer riffs but not for everyone, I think the vocals scare a lot of potential fans off but the rhythms and intensity of the stuff is unparallelled, kick ass band! :kickass:

Right on! The interest in seeing these 2 bands play at PPUSA X is gaining momentum!:cool:

I really think it would be a great idea. Running Wild will have a new album out later this year and Grave Digger early next year so they will both be touring for their latest releases. It is the 10th ProgPower and these are two bands that you can consider Godfather's of the power metal genre. I really hope this happens. It would surely bring me to my first ProgPower without question.

I really think it would be a great idea. Running Wild will have a new album out later this year and Grave Digger early next year so they will both be touring for their latest releases. It is the 10th ProgPower and these are two bands that you can consider Godfather's of the power metal genre. I really hope this happens. It would surely bring me to my first ProgPower without question.
Well, whatever it takes, then!:lol: I hope Glenn can pull this off! I can think of 4 or 5 people from this thread alone that would be willing to sponsor both GD and RW for PPUSA X!:headbang:

GRAVE DIGGER is an incredible live act, I live in Mexico and i traveled last mont to NY just to see this band that of course is almost imposibble to play at Mexico, I have to say that the concert at BB King's in NY city on March 2was amazing, 2 complete hours of pure power, GD played 20 songs. I think this band should be one day at ProgPower.

GRAVE DIGGER is an incredible live act, I live in Mexico and i traveled last mont to NY just to see this band that of course is almost imposibble to play at Mexico, I have to say that the concert at BB King's in NY city on March 2was amazing, 2 complete hours of pure power, GD played 20 songs. I think this band should be one day at ProgPower.

I was at that show too, it was quite amazing. That is so cool that you came from Mexico. I thought the guy who travelled from Chicago was nuts but you came from a lot further. I also saw Digger at the BWBK 6 Pack Weekend back in 2004, their first USA show. It was incredible.

Anyone familiar with Grave Digger's sell out album in the 80's? It was called Stronger than Ever and went under the band name "Digger". It's just butt rock, but it's really pretty damn good. They're still good song writers, no matter what they're singing about and writing riffs like.

Definitely worth hunting down.... they have one of the best cheesy-ass 80's ballads ever on that album. Here's the song put to some shitty video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at that show too, it was quite amazing. That is so cool that you came from Mexico. I thought the guy who travelled from Chicago was nuts but you came from a lot further. I also saw Digger at the BWBK 6 Pack Weekend back in 2004, their first USA show. It was incredible.

I've never been at New York before, so i also got around Manhattan, is a great place visit, of couse I already have my ticket for PROG POWER IX and also for the HELLOWEEN/GAMMA RAY concer on september 25. See you there, by the way there was a blond dude right next to me in thefront at BB King's that seems to know all grave digger songs, was you?

SEE YOU ALL at PROG POWER IX!

FUCK YES! RUNNING WILD and GRAVE DIGGER are long overdue for Progpower! PPX would hardly be my first Progpower, though. I've been attending from PPIV to the present.