Freedom Call

davo

oso flaco
Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Why aren't more people asking for Freedom Call to play at Prog/Power IV? :eek: They are my new favorite band ! I'm positive if you heard their album "Crystal Empire" you would be an instant fan. If you like Gamma Ray or Helloween you will dig this band. :)

Freedom Call is great, love both their albums; or do they have 3 albums?? Anyway, I'm not sure they have a new guitarist since Sasha left to go to Helloween. Plus, being that this band is a side project for Dan Zimmerman, it may be tough for him to play live considering his commitment with Gamma Ray. All that aside, I would love to see them play at PP, and think they deserve a 3 spot. Chris Bay is an awesome vocalist.

Freedom Call is an awesome band with great musicians all around. Dan does play with FC somewhat frequently. The did the last tour with Hammerfall and at one Festival in Europe Dan actually played with BOTH bands!!! Wow! Anyway, I love all of Freedom Call's stuff (Heavenly CALL) :) and would absolutely go nuts if they played PP4!

Originally posted by nightwish58
Freedom Call is great, love both their albums; or do they have 3 albums?? Anyway, I'm not sure they have a new guitarist since Sasha left to go to Helloween. Plus, being that this band is a side project for Dan Zimmerman, it may be tough for him to play live considering his commitment with Gamma Ray. All that aside, I would love to see them play at PP, and think they deserve a 3 spot. Chris Bay is an awesome vocalist.

Some valid points made there. Cede is their new guitarist and their newest album called "Eternity" is with him. He's a shredder like Sasha and he told me they would love to "Rock the US!!" if things could be worked out.

...We'll see :cool:

Awesome! I actually have Eternity, but have so much shit that I didn't even realize that the new guitarist was on that album. Thanks for the heads up, and they would kill live!!!

Originally posted by Heavenly Call
Freedom Call is an awesome band with great musicians all around.
That is right on ..."great musicians all around" ...AND great song writing as well as meaningful lyrics.

What more could you ask for in a band? I'd have to say that right now in my life, i'm looking for bands that feed the soul, if you know what i mean. I walk away after hearing these guys and i'm feeling good... :D

I've only listened to their debut briefly and my opinion was, "If I want to listen to Angra, I will listen to Angra, not Freedom Call".

I haven't heard their latest, but their cloning effort with their first CD isn't prompting me to investigate the new stuff.

They are good musicains however. I just thought were going down a road already well traveled.

Originally posted by Heavenly Call
Jay, any chance of long lost brothers here? :) I hear ya, hell, let's have both Heavenly AND Freedom Call...and Sonata Arctica too!

Sold! Sonata Arctica are not mentioned enough around here!

But Heavenly's "Sign of the Winner" is soooo underrated as far as PM albums go. And Ben Sotto has to be one of the better song writers out there in the PM circuit.

Heavenly could turn into another Edguy type situation: a band that makes the place look like a real metal show and give the headliners a run for their money.

I saw Heavenly at Wacken, and they tore the place up. They are awesome in the stdio, and even better live!!! You are not kidding that they would give the headliners a run for their money. Ben has an incredible voice that has no limits. "The World Will Be Better" is simply a beautiful song with great vocal melodies.

Glenn, try for these guys; they will not dissapoint!!!

Freedom Call's music is IMO too childish and repetitive. They have some good songs, but many of those songs go down once they start those childish tralala choruses.