Onko elämä paskaa?

Is life shit?

• Total voters

Mazah

Metal Monk
Jun 25, 2003
Here
www.myspace.com
Tell me, what do you think? Is life shit or not? No bullshit explanations how goddamn wonderfull and miraculous it is just to have been born to this world, i know, and i do think that way. But what if it goes beyond that? Is it possible to be so pissed off, that things like that cease to matter? I don't mean to be a goth, i'm sorry if this comes out that way. I know, how stupid it is to waste your time with worrying about things you can't change, but can there be a situation, that is just unbearable? Are all suiciders cowards?

There's nothing cowardly in suicide. Giving up one's whole life, because of strong, personal belief, that nothing will ever get any better.

That's courage.

Also, that's stupid. Kamikaze-courage: yes it brave, but it was retarted from the start!

Everything will pass, the "unbearable" is just a misconception in human mind's understanding of time. So there's nothing wrong with life, but lots of wrong in the human way of experiencing it. That can change.

I don't mean belief about things not getting better, that IS just stupid.

With full understanding of "everything will pass" or "something lost can be replaced with something new", can there be a fuck up so massive, that it makes the rest of your life next to irrelevant? I mean, if you do realize, that things do and will change even if you don't want them to, and even when regret is not taken into account (shit, i'm losing track of my thoughts...)... If the change you have to make to survive letting something go would be so radical, that it would change everything you are (and want to be), would you consider it worth it? If the fact that things will get better does not matter? Can something be so important, that it goes beyond happiness? If you could choose between those two, and every rational thought tells you to choose happiness, but you'd still rather have the other option? If it feels to be the right thing? Now i am forgetting that time will pass and change the things you feel and think... Oh boy... I'm not making much sense am i?

If letting go would be a price too big to pay?

Since I don't get the scenario and this gets abstract as hell, I'll have to go step by step :p

can there be a fuck up so massive, that it makes the rest of your life next to irrelevant?

Yes, with, say, nuclear weapons. But not on the scale of western culture social life. Maybe in feodal Japan?

If the change you have to make to survive letting something go would be so radical, that it would change everything you are (and want to be), would you consider it worth it? If the fact that things will get better does not matter?

Depends on what there is to gain by not letting go. Never mind the radicality: of course people don't want to change, but not wanting to change doesn't seem to be even a decent reason for unhappiness. Although usually in life that's actually the only reason.

Can something be so important, that it goes beyond happiness?

Looking the way people live... apparently it can, but I don't think it should. By intentional suffering one isn't good for anyone.

If you could choose between those two, and every rational thought tells you to choose happiness, but you'd still rather have the other option? If it feels to be the right thing?

The worst screwups I've made have felt right :loco: On the other hand, I think I usually was pretty much out of options. Well, not really, but that's how it felt. Feelings are not to be trusted, neither is reason. Reason may be even worse, most of the time it's just making excuses.

Anyway: I can't think of a situtation where choosing happiness by letting go wouldn't be the right thing to do. Assuming there really is no hope.

Since I'm one of those people who believes without dramatics, gothness, or emoness, that not only is life pointless but all facets of everyone's life are ultimately irrelevant, and that there's absolutely nothing wrong with suicide, I won't reply.

Hugs and kisses,
-Rusty

Bugger that not-replying thing. This is a nice time to quote the end of one of my favourite passages from any book (American Gods by Neil Gaiman):

"I believe that life is a game, that life is a cruel joke, and that life is what happens when you're alive and that you might as well lie back and enjoy it."

to suicide is not a coward act, in matter fact, i belive it takes much balls to do it

my current situation, my life is VERRRRRRRRRRY (x10³) shit

Everything will pass, the "unbearable" is just a misconception in human mind's understanding of time. So there's nothing wrong with life, but lots of wrong in the human way of experiencing it. That can change.

i agree with half, i don't belive that "everything" will pass, i belive that you must fight hard to make things change for good... if you sit on your couch all day long listening to Funeral Doom, then damm, things are really not going to change.