Recording with Behringer V-Amp2

PureRocker86

Aug 23, 2003
Well , I have bought myself v-amp2 ( I know pod is a way better but I don't have that kind of money so I go for this cheap one). The problem is I really don't know how to record with this stuff , I've read the manual books ..what it does is nothing but confusion . SO whoever has it can you really tell me what to do , what things that I must have. How to connect and stuff like that? Help will be appreciate.

Plug your guitar into the V-Amp. Should be an input jack for that. There's an output on the V-Amp that then gets plugged into your recording device's (multi-tracker, computer, whatever) input. Record away. :cool:

look for the in input on your computer, should be near the headphone/speaker jack, and then in your sound properties make sure it is not muted.

Okay I plugged into that jack , but somehow I only get the sound from the left speaker. And no .. my speaker works prefectly fine.

The cable you are running from the V-Amp to the PC - is it a stereo cable? That is probably the problem. Use a mono cable and you'll be fine.

I believed that I am using unbalanced mono 1/4" jack plugs. I actually connect both of the left and right output into a Dual 1/8" Jack Adapter and plug into the soundcard. Still doesn't work though.

Erik said:
Um.. That should work.. Are you sure you're using the Line input and not the Mic in?

And are you sure that your adaptor has two mono ins and a stereo out? They make them with mono outs as well. You can tell by looking at the male out plug. If it has one dark line on it, it's mono. If it has two, it's stereo.

Good luck,
Delphine

www.lorilinstruth.com

Delphine said:
And are you sure that your adaptor has two mono ins and a stereo out? They make them with mono outs as well. You can tell by looking at the male out plug. If it has one dark line on it, it's mono. If it has two, it's stereo.

Good luck,
Delphine

www.lorilinstruth.com

Cool tunes posted on your site Delphine. I like your sound a lot...

USMC0341 said:
Cool tunes posted on your site Delphine. I like your sound a lot...

Thanks very much, that was really nice of you to say. I used to use a V-amp2 (most of the stuff on my site was recorded with it). I've received more than my fair share of help from nice people on the Net when I've had my own recording problems -- so I'm just trying to give something back ... :)

Delphine

www.lorilinstruth.com

Delphine said:
Thanks very much, that was really nice of you to say. I used to use a V-amp2 (most of the stuff on my site was recorded with it). I've received more than my fair share of help from nice people on the Net when I've had my own recording problems -- so I'm just trying to give something back ... :)

Delphine

www.lorilinstruth.com

I couldn't agree more. Mind if I ask you about your recording setup? I always like hearing about other people's rigs - kind of compare notes, so to speak...

JB

USMC0341 said:
I couldn't agree more. Mind if I ask you about your recording setup? I always like hearing about other people's rigs - kind of compare notes, so to speak...

JB

Hi - sorry for the delay, I've been away from my computer the past few days.

It's always nice to talk shop -- I could bore you to tears talking about wah pedals and trems and tones. There's a lot of info on my gear page
http://lorilinstruth.com/equipment.htm

To fill in the blanks, I just plug into the wah >>> V-amp2* >>> soundcard (Soundblaster Live). Yes, a new soundcard is first on my list of stuff to get.

I use Sonar on my PC for tracking and mixing, and Wavelab for mastering. Usually I'll record dry (with only the cabinet emulator), and add the effects (delay, reverb, EQ) in Sonar.

*I recently bought a Digitech GSP 2101, so now the V-amp is collecting dust. Though the V-amp can't compare to the Digitech, it's a good unit.

Do you have a website? I don't see a link in your profile. So you're gonna have to fess up and tell about your own gear! ;)

Cheers,
Delphine

PureRocker86 said:
I believed that I am using unbalanced mono 1/4" jack plugs. I actually connect both of the left and right output into a Dual 1/8" Jack Adapter and plug into the soundcard. Still doesn't work though.

If you're using the type of adapter that I think you're using, then you're using an adaptor that is used to split an audio signal to two sets of headphones. If that's the case, then you're taking two mono signals which will then be sent to the left side.

What you need is a "Y-cable," and the one you need (more than likely) is one that has a 1/8" stereo plug on one side connected to two 1/4" mono plugs. If you look at these Y-cables, then you'll see that the two mono plugs are color coded either red and black or red and white (red for right side, white or black for left side). Use this cable and you should have your stereo input problem solved. :)

This is the kind of thing that you're looking for, but you can find them with the smaller plugs (like the ones you'll find on a Walkman or Discman) or you can get an adaptor at electronics stores like Radio Shack.

Good luck!