Online Death/Thrash/Black Metal project

Status
Not open for further replies.

machinica_band

New Metal Member
Dec 12, 2009
El Paso, Texas
Hey I am Taylor. I am trying to find another like minded guitarist and a bassist and vocalist to help me out with an online band. I am currently in the military so that makes it very hard to find a band, and if I get in one it makes it very hard to tour and play shows. I am looking for another guitarist who has experience in song writting, leads and rhthyms, and knows what a good guitar tone is. I am looking for a bassist who is also experienced in his craft and can go between a clean bass tone to a distorted bass tone. And a singer who has a very dynamic range. High screams to low growls. If you can preform backup vocals that is a plus.

A little bit about my self. I have played the guitar for almost 18 years. I have recorded a lot of solo material but am bored with that and I am kind of on a writters block. I have spent half of my time as a musician in bands so I have always had that helping hand. Anyways I am pretty good at programming drums. I have gone to school for record engineering and mixing/mastering. I have pretty good equipment to record with. Here is a list of what I have...

RECORDING AND SEQUENCING
Cubase SX 3 (i have yet to upgrade)
M-Audio Monitors
M-Audio MIDI Keyboard
Line 6 Tone Port UX8
Drumkit From Hell
All of the Waves Bundles
Thousands of VST instruments (I collect them)
BBE SOnic Maximiser
Samson 31band EQ

GUITARS
2 Ibanez RG7620s with EMG7/81s
Jackson Sweetone with EMG 81
Schecter Hellraiser Stock
Aslin Dane Custom 7 String with EMG 7/81

AMPS
Rocktron Chameleon Blackface Preamp
Digitech 2112 Preamp
ENGL E530 Preamp
Rocktron Velocity 250 Poweramp
Peavey 5150
Peavey XXX
Peavey Supreme 160
Marshall 1960 A and B cabs

I usually record my Rocktron Chameleon preamp direct with my Toneport set up with the microphone pre amplifiers.

Having similar gear is not a must but the same recording interfaces so that we can exchange songs for editing and mixing together is a must. I am willing to learn a new DAW if you guys have some other then Cubase SX3 and Drumkit From Hell. I am also willing to share the stuff to so let me know.

my email is destroy_erase_improve_2003@hotmail.com if you are interested or have any questions.

Hey man, I'd be interested in this! You sound like your serious about it and your in the fucking army man, I'd really like to help you with this. I have hundreds of plugins, all of them so I can get all sorts of sounds. I'd be interested in rhythm guitars and I can maybe do bass and if its needed I can also do the drums. As a sample of what sound I can get for a more polished tone, here is a Deftones cover - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3366605/Deftones - My Own Summer - mix 3.mp3

Though for this online project, I don't think the black metal parts will be needing a polished guitar tone if your going for a Burzum style sound!

Let me know if I can help man!

dude you are a lifesaver. I am not really into playing black metal. Mainly death and thrash. I like throwing some symphony shit in there every now and then to add some depth but you know.

What kind of gear you running?
How long you played?
Is there any type of tuning you prefer?
6 or 7 strings?

Let me know man.

I'm getting some better recording gear in 13 days - christmas day! I've been playing for nearly 2 years now and can play chunky rhythms, not like Hetfield speed but as it has groove and a cool drum track I can normally keep up with stuff! I like all tunings but prefer drop D and drop C, but will go as low as it needs to be, like 8 string tunings and that shit. I only have a 6 string but am looking for ways to earn money so I can get me a 7 string!

Thats good that this won't be a hardcore black metal project! I like certain things in black metal but I'm really not into a lot of it.

I'm young - 16 - but I know my metal! and I like it in all styles man, so If I can do anything for this, just let me know dude!

I might be interested in this, but I have the same prob with the military service during the next spring .

My specs:
-Guitar since 2000
-Keyboards since 2001 (haven't practised really in last few years)
-Bass since 2006
-Decent @ composing/programming drums
-some probs with how do mix ¯\(°_o)/¯ but can do that also

I have mainly done some melodic/power metal stuff, but I have also played in a few thrash metal & rock projects in last few years.
The scale of my music taste is quite large, so I don't really mind if the project would go a bit out of metal genre.

I don't have any fancy recording stuff, but I can make something decent with my shit.

Main equipment I use:

-Mbox 2 w/ Pro tools LE 8

Mics
-Studio Projects C1
-Shure SM57

Main Gtr
-Jackson WRMG

Bass
-random Samick bass

Monitors
-Behringer Truth B2031A

+high end pc +++much random recording stuff

I'm also gonna buy soon Peavey 5150 or 6505+, so I can get rid of ugly software stuff :S
You can also check my metal band's last demo (about 1 year old) @ http://www.myspace.com/seraphielband
All composing/"mixing" + most of the lead guitars is done by me.
If you want to co-operate with me in future or want to hear newer higher quality samples of my work just throw me a pm. Cheers.

PS. If vocals are the prob, I have many nice friends who can do different styles of growling/grunts/ÖRDÄÄ/clean singing/thrashy shouting stuff, also I know ppl who can do some acoustic intruments (brass/strings)

PosterA: I've stolen everything I could get, I don't care for music, my idols or my colleages enough, they're stupid enough to buy stuff anyway, I prefer stealing

posterB: yeah, they suck...I'm as smart as you, why pay for stuff if you can steal it....

me: this is not welcome here!

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.