oolong the bunny is so cute when he plays outside

now that i have one i can't imagine NOT having one because they're so much fun.
last night my roommate and i were playing 'GET THAT RABBIT!' with freddy where we chase him around and he chases us.

dogs are a TON of work, i miss having a dog around, but honestly i can't handle the responsibility or the $$ it costs.... plus i think a rabbit would have a heart attack around so many animals (they unfortunately literally have heart attacks really easily. it sucks)

i dunno if other people with pets do this, but i always feel RIDDLED with guilt if i go out after work instead of going straight home. the entire time i am out i am like 'what is fred doing right now?! i hope someone left a light on for him!'.

we may not leave the tv or stereo on for our dog, but my woman and I miss him dearly when we have to leave him. we rarely do - he's coming with us for thanksgiving and chanukah dinners with the 'rents. as for the foster spazz, I'm worried she'll be out of hand. she seriously cannot sit still when other animals are around unless she's exhausted. not to mention that we're gonna have to leave her for over 4 hours on sunday and she can't hold her bladder that long.

she's only 6 or 7 months old fer pete's sake

4454_1454_b.jpg

4454_1455_b.jpg

poor lil cyclops

cute dog !!!!
and you know... planning things out with pets and holidays is so crazy. ask goatschool! i am having a fuck of a time figuring out how to get freddy to massachusetts for christmas (he can't take trains so i need to use a car somehow...)
freddy is good about the pee tho. he will hold it for up to 5 hours. he hates to pee in his carrier and i can't let him out otherwise.

if you have two rabbits or more, they're way more independent than dogs. (they form best friend ships and keep each other happy) freddy of course hates all other rabbits and shuns them for some reason.
at least with fred, he's way more like a cat than a dog. the house rabbit society (they have a webpage i think it's www.rabbits.org or www.rabbit.org ) has a lot of info on rabbit behavior.