Open letter to John Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.
vince, the time of bush in the band finish

O_Rly.jpg

Just a few words from the author:

Glad you all (for the most part) support what I wrote. Thanks for that. Just a few things I wanted to address based on what you all have been posting.

Firstly, I fully understand that the Burger King gig probably pays well. In fact, this was the entire point of my letter! -- i totally GET that he's got a family, bills to pay, etc. The idea was to write a non-threating, non-obsessive-fan letter requesting he do another Anthrax record because I know it will be amazing. Believe me, I understand he's got a life outside the band.

As far as Joey Belladonna goes, the stuff he did with Anthrax back then was great, but in light of what John Bush has done since, IN MY OPINION having Joey B back in the band for this reunion didn't stand up. It's my opinion -- like an asshole, everybody's got one! Clearly there are other vocalists who can sing "safe home," but it wouldn't sound the same (obviously).

Lastly, as far as Living Colour, as coincidence would have it we just did an "album of the day" post about Stain. We at MetalSucks.net LOVE this band! Here's the post, from yesterday:

http://www.metalsucks.net/?p=185

Enjoy! And thanks for reading.

-Vince

OK, I promise not to give you anymore shit if you promise not to start a petition about this and claim it "started here".

Deal or No Deal?:lol:

WCFYA is a great record, but I think they could crush it. I hope the band sends John some demos of the new shit they are writing. I guarantee they are writing some badass riffs/songs and I bet they're good enough to get John excited enough about them to realize that they will easily make a followup just as good or better.

If anyone can do it, Anthrax can. They haven't let me down in 20 years. BTW---Open Letter...reference to a great Living Colour song? Damn I was listening to their CD's the other day, still unbelievable, I love this band. Great musicians and songwriters. Anyone else a LC fan?

Too funny, I dusted off their first album this past weekend. What a great record! I'm still a fan to this day cause I can still overlook the wetsuit haha. No, that wasn't just for some videos cause he had one on when I saw them play in '88 I think it was. Great songs, with some funk to them.
Anyone remember seeing Corey Glover in that movie Platoon? Its politics man! :headbang:

Yeah, you see Scott sitting on the subway, and then when the guy falls while standing in line Frank is the one standing behind him. Very funny video and great song.

Yep, I saw Scott, but I didn't see Frank. I'll take your word for it!:)

Yep, I saw Scott, but I didn't see Frank. I'll take your word for it!:)
Not sure if the vid is on youtube, but if it is near the end of the video Frank is standing in the long line, when the guy drops Frank is right there looking down at him. That's when he had really long hair. Funny now I remember a long time ago when that short old lady sex therapist (damn I can't remember her name, she was on Letterman a lot) had her own show and had Anthrax on as guests. She or an audience member asked what are some of their favorite bands, and Charlie said Living Colour. Good taste:headbang:

Fuck yeah. To my ears, Bush is the ultimate metal singer, and he and Anthrax made some of the best fuckin metal ever. I wasn't really that taken with WCFYA but SOWN, Stomp and Volume 8 are pure gold. I respect that he does what he wants, and if he's happy doing voice-over work so be it, but it seems like a waste of a perfect throat to me.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I found an mp3 of "Grunt & Click"... fuck yeah! :headbang: :kickass:
What a voice. :cool:

Fuck yeah. To my ears, Bush is the ultimate metal singer, and he and Anthrax made some of the best fuckin metal ever. I wasn't really that taken with WCFYA but SOWN, Stomp and Volume 8 are pure gold. :kickass:
What a voice. :cool:

Volume 8 might be the worst piece of crap album I have ever heard this band do. Stomp coming in second. Give me a fuckin break.

'This is officially the worst Anthrax album. No wonder it has yet to be issued in America, it just would not sell, even among the once thriving nu-metal crowd. Anthrax dives head on into the depths of nu-metal on this one and fail. Stick with "The Sound of White Noise" if you need to get your John Bush fix, otherwise pick up the classic combo of "Spreading the Disease" and "Among the Living". Every single song on here brings nothing innovative or exciting to the table, they all are generic sounding filler. The one song that steps out is "Bare", it has a more laid back feel, and for just a moment you might forget about the failure that the rest of the album is.'

@ironmaidenfan09: is this your Stomp 442-review?
http://www.amazon.com/Stomp-442-Ant...?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

If anyone can do it, Anthrax can. They haven't let me down in 20 years. BTW---Open Letter...reference to a great Living Colour song? Damn I was listening to their CD's the other day, still unbelievable, I love this band. Great musicians and songwriters. Anyone else a LC fan?

Everyone has there opinion and what they prefer, I take Faith No More, Living Colour, Anthrax, Testament and Machine Head over bands like Iron Maiden and Metallica anyday.

WCFYA is a great record, but I think they could crush it. I hope the band sends John some demos of the new shit they are writing. I guarantee they are writing some badass riffs/songs and I bet they're good enough to get John excited enough about them to realize that they will easily make a followup just as good or better.

This new record could have been John's record if he choose to do it, that will always bug the shit out of me...I think down the road Anthrax will finally do the tour with Joey and John. I think given the circumstances John at some point would be open to doing a set of his own Anthrax material. Anthrax should put out a Boxed set with a few new Bush recordings and tour, That would Be cool.

This new record could have been John's record if he choose to do it, that will always bug the shit out of me...I think down the road Anthrax will finally do the tour with Joey and John. I think given the circumstances John at some point would be open to doing a set of his own Anthrax material. Anthrax should put out a Boxed set with a few new Bush recordings and tour, That would Be cool.

That is never going to happen. Joey won't do it and John won't do it. There are 2 different era's of Anthrax music.

The John Bush era is far less popular than the Joey era. If Anthrax came out and only played songs from the John Bush era the crowds would become restless. However if they only did Joey most fans would be satisfied. The only John Bush era album that has any pull is SOWN. And with that the only songs on that album with any pull are Only and Room for One More. There are no other songs from the John Bush era except for "Safe Home" that the audiences really would care to hear. Even "Inside Out" and "What Doesn't die" aren't that big of 'hits' that most metal fans would care one way or another to hear them.

The John Bush era has absolutely no pull when it comes to the majority of metal fans. It would make no sense at all to do a John Bush / Joey Tour as it wouldn't financially make sense and wouldn't appeal to many of the metal fans in the world. Sure it would make JonnieZcech and a few others on this forum happy, it would make the 300 people that showed up to the Vol 8 tour dates happy. But that is it. It will never happen

Status
Not open for further replies.