Opeth and food

slices of green apples with hints of juice squeezed from lemons on them, chocolate cream pie, and vodka

An apple pie with a scoop of ice cream on the middle, cooked in the over so that the ice cream becomes thin and hard. Then lemon squeezed on top. Mashed potatoes added for an extra hint. Bits of ham can be inserted on top of the ice cream. Then almond extract, then bits of steak.

Thats Opeth.

Gwahahaha. Best thread ev0r.

Don't forget, Opeth had a very foresty sound, so it's like eating treebark, steak, during the more mellow parts some pillow biting? Potatoes definately, with a wine or coffee I assume.

There are two main types of Opeth dinner. I will list below.

Tapas: (ex. For Absent Friends, Patterns in the Ivy) Small, slight, and absolutely scrumptious. Leaves you both satiated and endlessly hungry for more.

The other Opeth songs for the most part have a few key ingredients, and then vary in presentation and order.

These are the ingredients:

Sushi (usually the acoustic parts): fresh and crisp. These parts can both be light and invigorating (fresh salmon, perhaps cucumber roll with a little wasabi) or more buttery and thought-provoking (freshwater eel nigiri with generous sauce)

Brazilian Churrascaria type meats (you know where the meats are varied but obviously of the same ilk), all roasted and delicately placed on your plate after they slide down a sword. Sharp but intricate spices, perfectly delicate and bold at the same time. The heavy parts of songs such as The Funeral Portrait are like this.

Roast Sweet Potatoes with brandy infusion and a splash of vinegar. These are those moments of pure electric bliss when it all culminates. It has the sweetness and invitational qualities of the comfort food, but the subtle hint of vinegar and the sweet yet biting brandy both allow the transition from and back into the Brazilian Meats. The hardened exterior of the sweet potato cracks and open, allowing the divine flesh inside its grand appearance, soft, silky, and rich. The huge melodic part in Bleak at 6:40 is this component. Just pure bliss.

Cheese/Wine: The final accompaniments many times served alongside other sections, this pair can take the shape of certan guitar solos, some of the e-bowed guitars of BWP, etc. Opeth cheeses range from bold to understated, but are always rich with flavor and depth and rarely if ever plebeian. The wine is sometimes strong, but many times more a dessert/fruit wine just to round out the palette and both take the edge off of the other items and bleed another thoughtful divergence of sophistication into the mix.

A typical opeth songs will henceforth look similar to this:

Brazil Meat-Brazil Meat-sushi-sushi-sushi-brazil meat-sweet potato-brazil meat-sushi-brazil meat. Wine is present during the sweet potato and the last sushi and the last brazil meat. Cheese available in second and fifth brazil meat, possibly in second and third sushi.

Sometimes songs are slightly different, such as Dirge for November which looks like this:

Tapas-BRAZIL MEAT (duration) - sushi/tapas

Just my two cents.

Well, this is judging from my friends reaction to opeth, i'd compare them to Beer as well: When you first try it you don't really like it .. it's not sweet enough.. But the more you try it, the more you like it, and then you start to love the taste and wonder why you never did before!

You could compare Opeth to a luxury 3 course meal - very filling, very good and very satisfying. When i first heard them it was like overdosing on sugar - i was so excited when i heard them because i had never realised how epic you could sound with just 2 guitars, a bass and drums.

Hopefully Opeth won't be like a Spicy Curry - at first you can taste and appreciate the flavour, but when you have it too much it begins to numb your tounge so that you can't taste it anymore. What once seemed so spicy and invigorating just becomes bland and tasteless. But considering i've been listening to Opeth for 3+ years i think it's safe to say that they don't have the effect.. or at least not yet!

Opeth are sexy like cherries, chocolate, and whipped cream, classy and jazzy like fine wine, and prog/psychedelic like mushrooms on a stick! o_O :loco: :D :Spin: :tickled: :dopey:

I dunno. Somewhat like a nice tasting hard candy or something. I mean, its pleasant, and lasts a long time, but sometimes you can accidently swallow it just as your getting into it and suphocate for a few seconds *cough* The Moor ending *cough*

A giant steak dinner with Mashed Potatoes, Fries, and umm.. everything else you can think of... Baked potato.. Gravy.. a Salmon Filet on the side.. Mm Mm Mm.. good eating..

Most of these ingredients have already appeared on this thread, but here's my choice:

Mashed potatoes and meatball-filled tacos* with a fresh sallad and some Middle-Eastern (mushroom?) sauce to be served with a light yet intoxicating red wine.
Black coffee and strawberry ice-cream for dessert.

*They do make some original combinations of already existing elements. :)

xXBraveMurderDay said:
A giant steak dinner with Mashed Potatoes, Fries, and umm.. everything else you can think of... Baked potato.. Gravy.. a Salmon Filet on the side.. Mm Mm Mm.. good eating..

that is a fucking meal, sir....you just listed my top 3 favorite foods (potatoes - any form, steak, salmon)

Opeth, to me, is my gourmet steak dinner at some fancy restaurant. Filling, tasty, extravagant, and never gets old. :D