Opeth charts at 192 in the US Top 200

Eh, I don't mind just as long as they keep making the music they do. If they get popular on their good music...why is it bad? Now if you are talking about In Flames...that is something different! :p

:lol:

Opeth can go mainstream, just as long as they make their awesome music, I will listen to them :)

3 Days Till Opeth In LA! WHOOO!

I must be flippin' blind. I don't see anything on that link, and I'm reading the fine print.

The idea of seeing Opeth on anything related to MTV gives me the creeps, though. I want to see them succeed, but yet don't want to see the brainwashed masses thinking they're "cool" without truly appreciating the band for what they really are.

Iron-Flames said:
Eh, I don't mind just as long as they keep making the music they do. If they get popular on their good music...why is it bad? Now if you are talking about In Flames...that is something different! :p

:lol:

Opeth can go mainstream, just as long as they make their awesome music, I will listen to them :)

3 Days Till Opeth In LA! WHOOO!

hey dude, see you there!! :tickled:

While Opeth are too good for MTV, I believe that there's aren't too many bands that deserve the chart sucess other than Opeth.

Congratulations to them.

its funny how "selling out" is always an issue with any prog./death band...the criterai to determine this is always te same, they can go popular as long as they dont start turning inot entertainers rather than musicians (example: In FLames), the music shouldnt degrade, so on and so forth...