opeth.com

Tindor said:

sucker

I've been an Opeth fan longer than you probably asshole, but only this year I purchased a computer.

I agree with a lot of people about Mikael's contibutions to the site. It rules. But my point was: THERE'S NOTHING NEW EVER!!! It gets fucking boring. For news I always check this forum, but its not that great either...Sorry man.

I indeed expect some more creative stuff on opeth.com. Get some more of Travis' artwork in there. And the flash shit anoys me like hell..

I can't see why NO bands updates their site more often. I mean, it can't take more than a few minutes. Doesn't even have to be important news, just a short notice on what's going on once a week or so.

You people are rude...I don't understand why, but it seems like Opeth are subject to considerably more criticism than any other band by their fans. If you think you can do better than Anna why don't you make your own Opeth fansite? Where would you get the news to update it with unless you had some inside connection with the band or their label?

Also, maybe if you actually looked you would see that there is a link for official merchandise at heavymetalonline.co.uk on the main page!

:bah:

hej said:
I can't see why NO bands updates their site more often. I mean, it can't take more than a few minutes. Doesn't even have to be important news, just a short notice on what's going on once a week or so.

What would you want to know?
"Mikael's grocery list for this week is..."
"Peter just trimmed 2 cm off his hair..."

:Smug:

Triste said:

exactly, there's not that much that goes on in 2 week periods.. besides i wouldnt want to see endless updates of "i got these 2 new riffs down, theyre really great... maybe"

you want stuff thats been thought through, not daily (bull)shit.

Well that was I nice update... They better keep their word and come to Scandinavia :)

I think Triste made a good point. At least Anna does the website. And Even if we think it needs more, the fact that the members of the band care about it, and even more so, the fans, should be enough to satisfy us. We don't need flashy bits of crap to keep us interested, ya know?

So I'm not going to complain anymore :Smug:

And the journals still rule :worship:
(felt like it should be mentioned yet again)

Triste said:
.....Also, maybe if you actually looked you would see that there is a link for official merchandise at heavymetalonline.co.uk on the main page!

:bah:

I rather meant a merchandise site where you can order the stuff right from the site. Also as I mentioned sizes,heavymetalonline.co.uk doesn't have any.

I don't see what's all the fuzz about us not supposed to give them criticism. Of course Mikael's gf does a great job with the site,but we're still entitled to criticize and make comments. There was a few rude posts,but mainly the criticism has been constructive.

I checked the news today anyways. Great to hear about the tour to Scandinavia.
But,concerning the site,the latest news could be on the main page too,instead of the apologies for canceling the dates for Finland. The frame on the top is really clear and everything's fine with that,but I think that the main page is pretty messy.

But you know,all in all,the Opeth site interface is about a thousand times better than Iced Earth's. And if you want to see lack of updates,go to the Pain Of Salvation/IE site.

Opeth.com is updated once a month or on a per needed basis..That's all we NEED to know about Opeth..Great recording journals and great guestbook..When I first got into Opeth I used to love to read the guestbook entries..I knew I wasn't the only Opeth fan out there..Overall Opeth.com is a nice site and very informative. what's this complaint about opeth.com ?

hej said:

Even "big bands" like Iron Maiden keep a diary. Arch Enemy for instance also do it. Mike, Peter, or the Martins must be able to find sóme time to write sómething once a wéék..Or put a little peace of video on there once in a while. They must be able to buy a digicam right, devide the money by four...

But Merch, really, they should be selling it on the official site

Triste said:

just a fucking setlist or something

BTW Opeth are not under any criticism here, it's the site

A setlist...like it's not enough to read 253 different threads for every tour? And they usually give a general idea for what they will be playing in upcoming tours...
And as far as the merch goes....they supply a link to the place that they think is best...what else to you want? Opeth themselves to deliver it to your doorstep and help you try it on? Jeez...
Anyway, you people should realize that these guys have lives outside of this band. Basically when they are at home from tour that's their vacation....they can't do everything just to make a few people happy...

Ok guys. I got your point. And reading the journals again really made me appreciate the site and Mike's contributions more. But I was so frustrated not hearing any official news about my favourite band for so long.

And the news that they're touring Europe in Sept REALLY made a difference, wahooooo!

Triste said:
A setlist...like it's not enough to read 253 different threads for every tour? And they usually give a general idea for what they will be playing in upcoming tours...
And as far as the merch goes....they supply a link to the place that they think is best...what else to you want? Opeth themselves to deliver it to your doorstep and help you try it on? Jeez...
Anyway, you people should realize that these guys have lives outside of this band. Basically when they are at home from tour that's their vacation....they can't do everything just to make a few people happy...

And YES it would be nice having them on my doorstep :headbang:

AbsentFriend said:
sucker

I've been an Opeth fan longer than you probably asshole, but only this year I purchased a computer.

I agree with a lot of people about Mikael's contibutions to the site. It rules. But my point was: THERE'S NOTHING NEW EVER!!! It gets fucking boring. For news I always check this forum, but its not that great either...Sorry man.

I indeed expect some more creative stuff on opeth.com. Get some more of Travis' artwork in there. And the flash shit anoys me like hell..

THERE'S NOTHING NEW EVER on most band's official websites...