Opeth DVD

Thanks for clearing that up Mike. I borrowed all of my friend's Camel albums so I can find that one song...lol

But speaking of rip-offs...

The solo in Hours Of Wealth sounds exactly like the solo on one of the songs on "Deadwing".

I'm trying to figure out which one it is right now because I was listening to the cd on my CD Player when I actully realized it.

Godhead's Lament said:
The solo in Hours Of Wealth sounds exactly like the solo on one of the songs on "Deadwing".

I'm trying to figure out which one it is right now because I was listening to the cd on my CD Player when I actully realized it.

Do you mean the solo after the heavy part of 'Arriving Somewhere...But Not Here' because (conveniently enough) that is Mike playing, so I guess it would sound pretty similar. Maybe he was so happy with that type of solo he had to incorporate it into GR!?

Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
I tend to say things and some people take it as I'm dead serious when I'm really just being very ironic and/or sarcastic. Cracking jokes basically. Now the whole Camel thing I mentioned it as it's inspired by them, you know nice melodic slow lead that is the theme of the song. Basically I could have said Focus instead of Camel...I think Latimer and the boys was very much into them.....I'm basically paying tribute to my heroes and not directly ripping them off.

Cheers guys
Mike

:lol:

Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
I tend to say things and some people take it as I'm dead serious when I'm really just being very ironic and/or sarcastic. Cracking jokes basically. Now the whole Camel thing I mentioned it as it's inspired by them, you know nice melodic slow lead that is the theme of the song. Basically I could have said Focus instead of Camel...I think Latimer and the boys was very much into them.....I'm basically paying tribute to my heroes and not directly ripping them off.

Cheers guys
Mike

Mike, Mike, Mike! Yes! This is exactly what I thought! Opeth very seldom
copy their heroes, but instead they get inspired by them. But the important
thing is that you always sound better than your heroes! Honestly!

Btw, Gott Nytt År, Mike, and I hope you've got plans for new material and
maybe another concert in Sverige! :)

(Just got home from a new year's party so... Good night!)

Benighted Joe said:
Mike, Mike, Mike! Yes! This is exactly what I thought! Opeth very seldom
copy their heroes, but instead they get inspired by them. But the important
thing is that you always sound better than your heroes! Honestly!

Btw, Gott Nytt År, Mike, and I hope you've got plans for new material and
maybe another concert in Sverige! :)

(Just got home from a new year's party so... Good night!)
You live in Stockholm, that's awesome. Land of Opeth!