Opeth & Enslaved : North American Tour in May

Para Bellum

Frostbitten
Nov 25, 2008
British Columbia, Canada
www.last.fm
Enslaved will support Opeth on their upcoming North American tour. The 23 shows will take place between May 1st and May 27th; the line-up consists of Enslaved opening for Opeth.

Ivar Bjørnson, Enslaved's songwriter and guitarist comments: "I am stoked that we are going out with Opeth. We have been admirers of Opeth's work for years, specially the direction of their newer works. This is great news for us to take back to our loyal fans and friends in North America at this point; the reception for our newest album "Vertebrae" has been fantastic and unforgettable. We can't wait to present the songs live, we promise you won't be let down! Finally we wish to express our sincere gratitude to Opeth for giving us this opportunity."

The dates are:
Fri 01 May - Sayreville NJ - Starland Ballroom
Sat 02 May - Boston MA - House of Blues Boston
Sun 03 May - Montreal QC - Le Medley
Mon 04 May - Toronto ON - Sound Academy
Tue 05 May - Millvale PA - Mr. Small's Place
Wed 06 May - Chicago IL - House of Blues (IL)
Fri 08 May - Omaha NE - Sokol Auditorium
Sat 09 May - Boulder CO - Fox Theatre
Mon 11 May - Boise ID - Knitting Factory Concert House
Tue 12 May - Portland OR - Roseland Theatre
Wed 13 May - Chico CA - Senator Theatre
Thu 14 May - San Francisco CA - Regency Center @ The Grand
Fri 15 May - Pomona CA - Glasshouse
Sat 16 May - Los Angeles CA - The Avalon
Sun 17 May - Tucson AZ - Rialto Theatre
Tue 19 May - San Antonio TX - Scout Bar
Wed 20 May - Oklahoma City OK - Diamond Ballroom
Thu 21 May - Memphis TN - New Daisy Theatre
Fri 22 May - Knoxville TN - Bijou Theatre
Sat 23 May - Columbus OH - Newport Music Hall
Sun 24 May - Pontiac MI - Clutch Cargo's
Tue 26 May - New York NY - Grand Ballroom @ The Manhattan
Wed 27 May - Washington DC - 9:30 Club

:)

This is too good to be true !!

Lansdowne street on a Saturday night with two of my favorite bands

:headbang:

OMG, I think I just creamed a little. :headbang: This is like an early Christmas present, two of the best bands in the world together. T'would be even sweeter if they came to Philly, but I'll be @ the first show in Sayreville, NY on 5/1. YESSSSS!!!!!!!!! :worship:

my 2 favorite bands. Opportunities like this don't come around that often, I'll be there in LA. Who could be next!

This says the tickets go on sale July 8th (http://www.bandstores.co.uk/shop/omerch/omerch_ticketing.php). That seems to be after the may concerts. What's up with that?

That's 2008. The above info may not be confirmed yet, but you know how it goes with these announcements...

Oh, and Mike & Gang, it would be awesome if you skipped Worcester this time around. Come up to Lowell, MA or even Manchester, NH. I won't even bother asking about Maine, though...

So I decided I am gonna have to make the Enslave/Opeth show in NY on 5/26. Never been to NYC, but man I am gonna be getting crazy for this trek. I am going to be in town in Maryland from Utah for the MDF fest that week.

Anyone by chance willing to help me with a ride to New York on the way back up north from the MDF 09 fest?
I aint missing Opeth and Enslaved. This is going to be one crazy fucking week.

I was bummed because I thought it might be in the fall when I'm off in some small college town, then I was excited when I saw it was in the spring, then more excited when I saw enslaved....then bummed again because there's no Dallas show :(

That's 2008. The above info may not be confirmed yet, but you know how it goes with these announcements...

Oh, and Mike & Gang, it would be awesome if you skipped Worcester this time around. Come up to Lowell, MA or even Manchester, NH. I won't even bother asking about Maine, though...

The announcement on Guitar Messenger comes straight from Roadrunner Records. It is confirmed.

looks like i'm going to San Francisco again
no dates in FL though :(
oh well, the show at the regency last time was fucking insane