OPETH + ENSLAVED North American Tour !!!

The Black Death

WoY supporter
Jan 7, 2008
Burial ground... Quebec
:OMG:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=113300

Norwegian masters of progressive/experimental metal ENSLAVED will support Swedish progressive metallers OPETH on their upcoming North American tour. The 23 shows will take place between May 1 and May 27.

Ivar Bjørnson, ENSLAVED's songwriter and guitarist comments: "I am stoked that we are going out with OPETH. We have been admirers of OPETH's work for years, especially the direction of their newer works. This is great news for us to take back to our loyal fans and friends in North America at this point; the reception for our newest album, 'Vertebrae', has been fantastic and unforgettable. We can't wait to present the songs live, we promise you won't be let down! Finally we wish to express our sincere gratitude to OPETH for giving us this opportunity."

The dates are as follows:

May 01 - Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom
May 02 - Boston, MA - House of Blues Boston
May 03 - Montreal, QC - Le Medley
May 04 - Toronto, ON - Sound Academy
May 05 - Millvale, PA - Mr. Small's Place
May 06 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues (IL)
May 08 - Omaha, NE - Sokol Auditorium
May 09 - Boulder, CO - Fox Theatre
May 11 - Boise, ID - Knitting Factory Concert House
May 12 - Portland, OR - Roseland Theatre
May 13 - Chico, CA - Senator Theatre
May 14 - San Francisco, CA - Regency Center @ The Grand
May 15 - Pomona, CA - Glasshouse
May 16 - Los Angeles, CA - The Avalon
May 17 - Tucson, AZ - Rialto Theatre
May 19 - San Antonio, TX - Scout Bar
May 20 - Oklahoma City, OK - Diamond Ballroom
May 21 - Memphis, TN - New Daisy Theatre
May 22 - Knoxville, TN - Bijou Theatre
May 23 - Columbus, OH - Newport Music Hall
May 24 - Pontiac, MI - Clutch Cargo's
May 26 - New York, NY - Grand Ballroom @ The Manhattan
May 27 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club

BUYING MY TICKET RIGHT NOW. Not actually, but seriously, AMAZING, I'm at the Toronto show for sure.

Dave Matthews Band and Enslaved? Weird.

Opeth should be opening for Enslaved, then I could sleep and be ready to go for Enslaved. Though if they played stuff off Vertebrate I'd probably sleep most of their set too.

Dave Matthews Band and Enslaved? Weird.

Opeth should be opening for Enslaved, then I could sleep and be ready to go for Enslaved. Though if they played stuff off Vertebrate I'd probably sleep most of their set too.

That's fucking gay. Enslaved was recently going to tour with Keep of Kalessin and Swallow the Sun = equals an awesome lineup AND they were going to play in Victoria, but they cancelled the tour for some reason and now they aren't playing in Victoria or Vancouver! Opeth's shows are ALWAYS sold out in Vancouver so I wonder why they aren't playing there. What a fucking lame of turn of events. Millvale, Chico, and Pontiac who in the fucking hell lives there?????

Joel

N-ice! I'd be pretty happy to have WoY open even one of those shows!

I'd go to the NYC show on may 26. I was not expecting to catch this tour since I will be at Maryland Death Fest May 22-24 but if they play NYC on the 26th and Woods opens you will be sure as fuck I'll be there.

OT: Is Evan really doing live drums for Woe? I am seeing them Feb 28th. I'd love to meet ya. :kickass: