Opeth for a drumline/field show theme

CorpseDeception

Valar Morghulis
Feb 20, 2007
Fairfield, CA
Opeth would be so perfect for a drumline/field show theme (as stated in the title:) ).

Last night I was at drumline and our instructor told us to take a break, during that break she told us about some of the themes she is thinking about for our winter show next year. After that she asked if we had any ideas, naturally I had several ideas which all involved Opeth in some way. :D One of her ideas was a Heaven and Hell theme and I think The Grand Conjuration would fit well into that. One of my ideas was a pseudo-jazzy 'jungle at night' type of feel that would pair well with the ending section of Closure. I'm really pushing for Opeth to be in our show in some way.

Ideas, anyone?

Actually, I can really imagine what GC would sound like with those crazy drums and horns and shit (tubas cranking out that bassline would be sick). I have an unhealthy love of drumlines, and I've always been a bit jealous of those drummers... looks like a blast.

Actually, I can really imagine what GC would sound like with those crazy drums and horns and shit (tubas cranking out that bassline would be sick). I have an unhealthy love of drumlines, and I've always been a bit jealous of those drummers... looks like a blast.

YUeah, I can even see drill and other effects in my head as well, and it is absolutely possible, not just some crazy way-over-budget types of things.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Opeth music would be great as a drumline/drum corpse show. I saw the Concord Blue Devils do a pre-season showcase the other day. It was incredible. It's so amazing that seventy or so musicians can make such a monumental wall of sound without any amplification. I sat in awe.