OPETH for Download 2004

Why would anyone want to pay an extortionate amount to go to Download so they can watch Opeth play a few post-BWP songs? They're the only decent band there, and due to the nature of their songs, the set wont be very long at all.

I was gonna say the same thing. Opeth has a better catalogue before Deliverance was released. That's not to say Deliverance is bad or anything, I just think the songs in the first 5 albums are the strongest, especially Still Life.

i went seeing opeth last year in manchester with madder mortem
both bands were very good, i just hope they play advent or the drapery falls
or even demon of the fall
good songs
is june 5th sunday?
speaking of madder mortem, are there any fans here!

I just went on the download website, Opeth aren't on the line-up. The only bands remotely worth seeing are Slayer, Machine Head, Arch Enemy and Akercocke. No point in seeing Metallica as they're completely incapable of playing their 80's material to a good standard. Arch Enemy im seeing at Wacken, Slayer and Akercocke I've seen before so I think I'll be giving this a miss. Whereabouts did you read that Opeth are on it? I could be mistaken as the site may not have been updated...

Madder Mortem, they're quite cool, I have their album "Deadlands"

Akercocke at download. Jeez, that takes the piss.

Well I wouldn't say that Metallica are incapable. They played at the big day out here a few months ago and they headlined. They were awesome, although I was spending more time trying to see rather than enjoying myself.

Petay_Biatch said:
i went seeing opeth last year in manchester with madder mortem
both bands were very good, i just hope they play advent or the drapery falls
or even demon of the fall
Ive seen them 3 times since BWP came out and they've played The Drapery Falls and Demon Of The Fall every single time plus Advent once or maybe twice. Personally, Id rather they played something else instead of Demon Of The Fall (which they've ended the set with every time) because its such a predictable ending and, although good, not the best closer and they could give some of the other songs a chance. The first time I saw them, they did Bleak which was awesome but not the other times, despite playing Lepper Affinity, Harvest and Drapery every time. Surely if any of those is gonna be a permanent set staple, it should be Bleak. And the only tracks they ever did from Still life were Godheads Lament & White Cluster. Do they ever do The Moor or Face of Melinda (or any other SL tracks) live? Advent was great though.

Im more and more tempted to go to download but only really like the support acts on day 1 ( early bands = life of angoy, him, electric 6; its all new metal headlining) and headliners on day 2 which is kinda annoying.