Opeth gig in Cologne with Type o Negative

Have a good time, Hate Fever.
I'll rather go to the Opeth headliner gig in Duisburg tomorrow (wednesday).
More Opeth for the money, i hope they will have a long set. :)
Why are you not there? it's near your town, even nearer than cologne.
And I made the tickets clear just the other day, so, probably not sold out!!!

My first post on this board. I feel enchanted like that guy hugging christina of lacuna coil. :D

I wanted to go to the gig in Duisburg but there was no possibility to get there.I could drive via train but on Thursday we have driver =) and we are 4 guys, not me alone :p.We have to buy the tickets at the Live Music Hall in Cologne.
Have Fun!!!

Shit, why did nobody tell me that they are in Germany again? I don't want to look everything up at their page, it needs such a long time to load :( Could ya please tell me all the gigs in NRW? I have to go watch them once again... has anybody of you seen the concert in Essen/Zeche Carl on February 25th or whenever it was? /me was there, Madder Mortem sucked like hell but Opeth kicked ass :D

Ok the dates for NRW are:
July 2nd Duisburg, PULP,(supported by Night In Gales)
July 3rd Cologne, Live Music hall (supproting Type of Negative)
Only two dates in NRW and it isnt a tour.After these dates there are only the festivals!
Hope to see u in Cologne!

Thanks!
I just looked up the site of this PULP in Duisburg, sounds okay. To be serious, I don't really like to see them as support for Type O Negative. It's bad that I learned about the gigs so late, now I can't find anyone to accompany me there :( Fuck. I don't want to miss it!

Yeah, I watched Katatonia in Krefeld this year ;)
Well football is not interesting to me, but of course I've heard of our team anyway ^^

Think I'm going there with a friend (OK, no real friend to be serious) who does not know anything about Metal, so what? I couldn't get any better company that quickly :/

No matter, I guess there will be another opportunity someday ;) The concert there was good, a very tiny room so the atmosphere was somewhat intense. The music did not totally convince me, but never the less it was a good concert. And Dark Suns were a very good opening band BTW!

But I don't really like going to Opeth with this wannabe... well, he's OK sometimes, but he's so different from myself and as I said no real friend... But what other chance do I have ? :/ Guess Opeth will still rule ;)

oh no they played in the small room.It sucks!How many people were there?The acoustic in this room is very bad.I was there twice and both time it sucked with the acoustic.The big hall is ok.A few weeks ago I saw Blind Guardian there and it was great!

I am fed up with those wannabes...the same here...a guy asked me if i will go with him to the Mother Tongue (know them?) concert in Krefeld.He called this band real true metal...arghhhh....this is no metal.Also he wears Korn and Slipknot Shirts....so fuck off posers!

Yep, that's it. But this guy just listens to one song by Bloodbath and a few by "Oomph!" (good band, but no metal :lol: ) because he just likes the heaviness; in general he prefers party music and sometimes even listens to HipHop, such an idiot, but what else could I do when I don't find anyone else to take there :/

And yes, the sound sucked. The bass was far too loud, I mean, Katatonia is no Deathmetal, so you don't need such a thing; the consequence was that some songs just did not convince me at all and you could hardly hear the singing. For the openers, it was okay because they were far heavier, but a melodic band like Katatonia and such a sound... *pukes*

But the fans were great, everyone was singing (the stanzas in "Sweet Nurse" ruled so much!) and you just felt like a part of the whole. It was really a comfortable feeling. So this was better about Katatonia while Opeth were much better on the musical/sound side.
BTW, these two were my first concerts up to now. It's time for the third one :rolleyes: