Type O Negative

Morfiend

Nov 7, 2002
Visit site
What do you guys think of Type O Negative? I've been a fan now for 6 years and I doubt I would of gotten into Opeth if I hadn't gotten into Type O Negative first. They're certainly not the most technical metal band around today, but I really enjoy all of their cd's. The band has a few things in common with Opeth, namely the fact that their songs are quite long and both bands have a unique style and vocalist. What I also really like about Type O Negative is their sense of humor, which is evident in just about everything they release.

I like Type O Negative, although I hardly listen to 'em anymore. October Rust is a great album to just chill out to or put on at a party. The sense of humour kind of balances the serious goth stuff which is good, although it still can be annoying sometimes!!
They must be due for a new album soon???

haha, one of my buddies and i used to argue all the time about who would win in a battle royal among metal/rock band members. he kept saying Peter Steele... i was always of the persuasion that the last two standing would be Rollins and Danzig, and that i would be too weak of stomach to watch the outcome of that little scrap.

hell yeah! type o negative has been my favorite band for like 5 years. october rust is the best album ever made.
and theyre supposed to be coming out with a new cd in like march.
mezarkabul, you saw them on MTV? that must have been mtv europe right?

For some reason I've always considered their "fake" live album "The Origin of the Feces" to be my favorite disc from Type O. To me, this disc was Type O's and namely Peter Steele's turning point. The versions of the songs that were originally from their debut sound cleaner and include an all around better vocal performance from Peter on this album. Also included are two kick ass covers of "Paranoid" and "Hey Joe". You also can't go wrong with all the hilarious comments Peter makes to the crowd and the bomb threat :)

Bloody Kisses and October Rust are great albums. I don't care much for their earlier material and I haven't heard World Coming Down (that album has an awesome cover though).

Originally posted by KielbasaSausage
heh danzig? that guy has the biggest gut and he looks poorly out of shape. i dont think he could stand a chance against my little sister :)

yeah, you're looking at the now nearly-50-year-old Glenn Danzig. The guy used to be a monster. mean, too.

Originally posted by TheBigJones47
haha, one of my buddies and i used to argue all the time about who would win in a battle royal among metal/rock band members. he kept saying Peter Steele... i was always of the persuasion that the last two standing would be Rollins and Danzig, and that i would be too weak of stomach to watch the outcome of that little scrap.

lol! one of my friends and i used to talk about the exact same thing. Of course it would have to be the younger danzig. and I too think the end would be rollins vs danzig. I just dont know who would win that one!! I always guessed danzig would though. :lol: :lol: