Type O Negative

I used to think October Rust was by far their best album ... but lately I've been listening to a lot of Bloody Kisses, and that album is just fuckin' fantastic

A friend gave me Bloody Kisses about 8 years ago. I saw them live in 1997. Great voice and the music feels like it has heart. But, for some reason, I never was compelled to get anything else by them. I just like what I've got.

..forgot to mention how much I like Slow Deep and Hard, and Origin of the Feces.

The story I heard about Origin.. is that they were given $25,000 to record a live album, so they got some friends together and faked it to save money. They re-enacted a bunch of shit that had ACTUALLY happened in their live shows, and threw in some amazing covers.

I kinda like how Peter always yells "KENNY!" before Kenny plays a solo. It's cheesy but I like it.

Yeah they rock :D I was going to try and get an itnerview, but never got around to it :(

And the best type o lyrics have to be:

Trust and you'll be trusted
Says the liar to the fool
Lust and so what if you're busted?
In love and war there ain't no rules

Do you believe in forever?
I don't even believe in tomorrow
The only things that last forever
Are memories and sorrow

Out of sight out of mind
The motto of betrayal
The prophets preach to forgive and forget
I'm sorry, but I am unable

You went to L'amour Saturday night
Red nails and lipstick dressed two sizes two tight
His tongue down your throat
His hand up your skirt
Yeah I'm a man
But it still hurts

Slut
Whore
Cunt

I know you're fucking someone else
(He knows you're fucking someone else)

You had cock on your mind
And cum on your breath
Inserted that diaphragm before you left
Practicing freelance gynecology
Where there's a womb there's a way
With you it's for free

Slut
Whore
Cunt

Done it before
Time after time
Refused to learn your lesson
Gave 'til it hurt
Thought it was right
Only fools make mistakes twice

So you sit home
Drinking alone
Empty bottle in your hand
Don't even try
To sort out the lies
It's worse to try to understand

You
You make me hate myself

I know
(He knows)
I said I know
(He said he knows)

I know
(He knows)

I think I've been a fan of Type O since 1994 or something. I was hooked when I saw "Black no. 1" on Headbangers Ball. Or that means, I wasn't really hooked at once. I got "Bloody kisses" and said "Yeah, this is alright" and then put it on the shelf for a while. After a while I took it out again and found out how superb it was! They quickly became my favorite band and still are! I currently have 3 LP's (I'm missing "World coming down" & "The origin of the feces", so if you have 'em CONTACT ME!) and 11 cd's by them.
"Paranoid" wasn't on "Origin.." originally. It was put on when it was re-released in 1994. The original cover had a picture of Peter's asshole (I don't have that cd either, so if you have that CONTACT ME as well)! As far as I know they made the song for the "Nativity in black" tribute, but someone else had already made it, so they put it on this instead. They then did "Black sabbath" for the "N.I.B.", although Peter never liked that song!
I think their best album is "Rust", then "Bloody..." and then "World...", although I suspect that "World..." might get better as time passes by. Those three are all in my top 10 of favorite albums of all time!
I haven't seen them live yet, but I hope I have the chance sometime, as they're still one of the bands I'd really like to see!

Originally posted by Chromatose
lol! one of my friends and i used to talk about the exact same thing. Of course it would have to be the younger danzig. and I too think the end would be rollins vs danzig. I just dont know who would win that one!! I always guessed danzig would though. :lol: :lol:

yeah, i was pretty sure danzig would come out on top... i also have a feeling Lemmy would have a strong showing, and probably Hetfield (I know that about 99% of people on this board hate the guy, probably, I love him)... he's a big guy.

Originally posted by ezekiel
hell yeah! type o negative has been my favorite band for like 5 years. october rust is the best album ever made.
and theyre supposed to be coming out with a new cd in like march.
mezarkabul, you saw them on MTV? that must have been mtv europe right?

I thought they were going to break up or something....guess not, huh?

October Rust is such beautifully layered album. Song structures are poppy yet starkly dark. Wolf Moon...holy jesus that one kills.

World Coming down is less produced but still a must have.

I liked Type O Negative alot in 1994 when I first heard them. It was mainly because Steele's voice is so low. I agree about The Orgin of the Feces being their best, just because his interaction with the crowd is funny stuff. Glen Danzig never looked that big to me, he is alot taller than I pictured him, or is he just one of those guys that has an extreme temper or something? Because based off appearances alone, I would think Steele and Rollins could both trash him.

Type O are very good to listen to. October Rust would probably be my favourite. I can't wait to hear the next album or the demos they have already done.

love them - always have done. october rust is the masterpiece, and what first got me into them. BK is a damn fine album too, and world coming down is truly brilliant too- when you get rid of all those annoying little 'noise songs', which is how a program my player when i listen to that album :) Roll on the new one, which they have said sounds more like October Rust... great stuff... *that* is how an album should be produced....

I liked Type O Negative alot when I first got into metal, (my first metal album was actually Nativity in Black). But when I listen to them now, I don't really see anything special about them. Their songs are quite simple, and though their style changes a little bit with each album, they use the exact same formula for every song. There is little harmony, and I find Kenny's solos to be utterly boring. Now I haven't heard much of World Coming Down, so that one may not apply to what I have said, but Bloody Kisses and October Rust are really nothing out of the ordinary if you speed them up and raise the pitch. Slow Deep and Hard is somewhat interesting, definitely the angriest music I have ever heard, but still nothing great.

Originally posted by Kiljaeden
Type O are very good to listen to. October Rust would probably be my favourite. I can't wait to hear the next album or the demos they have already done.

do you actually have a way of hearing the demo versions, or are you just saying that you want to? I've always wanted to hear their demo versions. Peter Steele said that the "Love you to Death" demo sounds nothing like the original. I'd do anything to hear it.

Yeah, "Unsuccessfully Coping" are good, but I love the sheer anger and hatred in "Xero Tolerance:"

Hatred
Obsessing me
Hatred
Possessing me

Anger
Burning me
Anger
Turning me

Into someone I don't
Into someone I don't know
Into someone I don't know

Rage