Opeth idea

That would be so cool. The way he writes songs this book would be nothing short of amazing. I would love to read Still Life for a few hundred pages.

Dark_Andariel 'Harvest' just finished as I was reading this post! ha ha bring on 'The Drapery Falls'....
I would definately purchase everything available from this magnificent soul.
It would be great if a video clip for BWP was released, as far as I am aware there have been no clips for Opeth?

Originally posted by The Angry Robot
You've got my vote.
I myself would like to see Still Life made into a movie. Of course only the songs from that album would be used. I am currently saving up for a digital video camera and have already decided that if someone doesn't do it, I will.

Maybe some sort of movie could be a project for people from this board? Opeth fans all around the world making different part of it? What do you say people?

BurzumBeast,
yes... I think so too. At least we should give it a try.... but as you say, organisation is a vital point. hmm... right now I have a million things to do studying for exams... but soon sommer comes.. ah..

Counting down the days until I can afford a digital video camera,
the endless adventures, also know editing people. ha ha imagine worldwide editing going on on the message board. What a project! You could get everyone to upload their footage online and everyone could view it and give feedback. The more I think about it the better it sounds, but yes, huge indeed! Great idea!

well, im not exactly a technological mastermind (actually far from it) but i would TOTALLY be willing to work on this project idea....imagine the beauty of it......=)

It's a cool project idea but I think it would take a lot of work... it'd be a logistical nightmare. I mean, I have a lot of experience with digital video and have put together several digital film pieces in the past... we'd have to decide on a person to basically take charge of the whole damn thing... who everyone would send their video to to be edited together and the final result (and what would that be? a 320x240 quicktime that could be posted on opeth.com? a full-quality video for output to VHS?). To transfer that amount of digital video around the pithy bandwidth of the internet would be difficult.

Plus, a screenplay would have to be written in advance and essentially finalized before filming began, and things would have to be coordinated to the (I'm assuming, anyways) timing of the Opeth tracks being used as the soundtrack, which would obviously be the focal point of the video.

And, if we want any consistency with actors and settings it would be hard to do this from wherever we are all over the globe... PLUS! It would be nice if whoever did work on this had the proper equipment (i.e. a Mac G4, Final Cut Pro, and a digital video camera), which I know I sure don't.

I'd certainly be willing to help out (I live to make creative projects) but we would definately have to get organized on this and it will require, at least from a few people, a LOT of time and effort which they may not have.

HoserHellspawn,
yepp, it's true what you say. Good thing that someone thinks things through. ;)
we'd have to decide on a person to basically take charge of the whole damn thing... <clip> To transfer that amount of digital video around the pithy bandwidth of the internet would be difficult.
Yes, one person (with a lot of spare time) would have the make the final editing. But a lot of people are sitting on fast Inet connections, am I right? Then sending hi quality video wouldn't be to much of a hassle. If someone's on modem I guess sending a VHS cassette the the editing guy would be easier...
Plus, a screenplay would have to be written in advance and essentially finalized before filming began, and things would have to be coordinated to the (I'm assuming, anyways) timing of the Opeth tracks being used as the soundtrack, which would obviously be the focal point of the video.
I think that this would take the largest amount of work. And I feel that I'm not the one to do it. Basicly because... well... I've been in some small filming projects before and this is not what I'm good at. =)

I think that we shouldn't take every small change in the music and try to translate it to the screen. It's more important (and easier) to concentrate on the big issue in each song and the more visible changes, like acoustics/non acoustics for example. At least the timing should fit between each song.

And, if we want any consistency with actors and settings it would be hard to do this from wherever we are all over the globe...
Well.. I think that we'll have to do without any facial close-ups. =) Or maybe just one... hehe. The different settings and environments are more of a resource to us. The feelings in the Opeth songs are so different and ever changing so I think different settings will fit just fine.

And hey... like you said, everyone doesn't have all the fancy equipment, but who needs it? We've been shooting some films with my grandmother's 10-year old (non-digital) videocam and it works fine. You can always digitalize it later. After all.. it's a fan project - not a Hollywood production. ;)

I sure would like to work on it.. hmm.. maybe we should start a new thread? I'll do that at once....