Opeth in Greece

Melancholia

Eternal daydreamer
May 25, 2001
Ved Buens Ende
tralala my greek friends i have super cool news for you :cool:

This is what i discovered checking the Didimusic's page today (not purely coincidentally ;) *cough* )
READ

"ROCKWAVE FESTIVAL 2002 will be held July 1st, 2nd and 3rd, at the Athens Horse Training Park (KEIPP), Messinias 55, Street, Goudi, Athens.

For those of you that can't wait anymore, we would like to announce the confirmed metal bands, in alphabetical order:

Dream Theater, Halford, In Flames, Jag Panzer, Motorhead, Nevermore, Opeth, Paradise Lost, Running Wild, Slayer.

For more news on the rock bands, the final line-up per day and other details, stay tuned !"

Didi Check the news section!!!!!

I am ALREADY excited........ YET with all this band cancelling that has occured in the previous years I won't piss my pants until late June (not to say until i see OPETH on stage).... ;)

:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:
:cry:

how did i know who was going to start this thread...

anyway it brings me to my next point...why no stupid tours like this in England :( we never get any open air/festivals with good bands...but we do get good bands touring all the time so i shouldn't complain :)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... I hope the exams will be held before the 1st of July and I'll be in Greece by that time.. I can't miss that..
Mel u rule :)

transparent....in flames just visited Enland..thats good enough..which brings me to my next point...why doesnt ANYONE visit the middle east?

Originally posted by Moshing Kosher
transparent....in flames just visited Enland..thats good enough..which brings me to my next point...why doesnt ANYONE visit the middle east?

:lol: you do realise they were supporting slipknot, which A) means they only get a shity 30 minute slot, B)that would cost me £30 (3 times more than i payed to see opeth/katatonia) and C) thats £1 a minute as im not a slipknot fan... :) so it would have been a waste of money and time...

I hope i'll be there, and i really wish my exams will be over by then.... :/

I'm from New York and my grandparents among the rest of my family live in Greece, they always tell me to visit, I'm reluctant to even consider going, but with this news...maybe this year I just might :) Sounds like a killer show!! Melanchalia do you know if Athens is anywhere close to Varkiza and the easiest ways to get there ? I would have to stay at a family's apartment all to myself there (this is sounding better as i think about it!!), and then head off to see the family in Sparti after the shows...

Amstel, Wine, Metal and Cigerettes in public...:headbang:

!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn, this is the greatest thing ive heard for a longgggg time!
It would be cool if we could arrange a meeting of opethmaniacs from around the world that will attend the show that day!

PURE HAPPINESS!

Originally posted by despair

TheMindz > na ise do na pame mazi re ;p na se prosexo kiolas min pathis tpt... mi se patisei kaneis kai se psaxnoume dld

Ti na prosexeis re kakomoirh? Na sou ypenthymiso oti eida hdh Opeth sthn agglia? ;)

Anyway I've been told there will be 3 stages, a group playing on each one, sort of like Wacken.. Opeth played for only 35 minutes in Wacken because the groups playing on the other stages were too loud and they ruined Opeth's accoustic parts.. I hope that doesn't happen here, but I'm not too confident about that..

well..Opeth playing on a fest also worries me :cry:
it will be full of people-most of them not liking Opeth- ,some of them even behaving in an annoying way :(....and above all i guess Opeth won't play for a long time...at least not as much as they would do on a club...
besides on fests its hard to approach the members...I don't imply anything you dirty mindz out there :lol: I just mean you can't get a signed poster easily after the gig,can't ask them if the like greece and ouzo :D not even practice (pose? :p) your swedish....

I prefer gigs in clubs.....less crowded,only fans,you are mostly closer to the stage not lost among thousands and the bands play more (this is relative,headliners play much on fests,too...but i doubt opeth will be headliners)

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT
since the gig situation in Greece sucks and i'll never get the chance to see on of my favourite bands again I can do nothing but consider all the previously mentioned bugs as trivial...
Better at a fest than nowhere ;)

and well....i hope i will see Opeth in a club in Sweden in the future....less than two years left for the greatest plan of my life :hotjump:

This has made me truly envious. Opeth and Dream Theater is my ideal gig. I hope all goes well (i.e. no cancellations). Enjoy the show!

Originally posted by Moshing Kosher

You got NOTHING.... Try living in Alberta, Canada. Nadda. Well cryptopsy was in Edmonton once, but it was such a small show. But THAT'S IT! NO OPETH EVER I CAN ALMOST GUARANTEE!

:lol: I just mean you can't get a signed poster easily after the gig,can't ask them if the like greece and ouzo :D [/B]

I had 3 shots of that ouzo stuff when I was in Berlin at a greek restaurant. It was very licquorice - which seems a very popular flavor in europe, esp sweden! It reminded me of a "salty licquorice" that I had in stockholm but I didn't like the ouzo as much tho (I had to sorta force down the 3rd shot) :lol:
Do you drink that with every meal melancholia? At the berlin-greek place, you must have a shot before and after the meal, but he (the restaurant owner) gave us that bonus shot and INSISTED us downing them! heheh He was probably trying to make a weak american girl throw up, but he didint' know what an alky I can be sometimes. :p

Oh I forgot the original post, heheh.
This fest sounds great. But a quick check of the $$$$$$ to fly to greece seems BRUTAL. :mad:
Hummm.. I'll have to put my detective hat on and sleuth around for bargain. fuckinhell that is expensive. :ill:

The first day of the fest with Opeth, Paradise Lost and Dream Theater (maybe you'll like them after the show Melancolia :p ) will be great. We're going to have a very very good time this summer :grin :D . I hope I'm not having an exam that day though (damn those universities). Once again the dates of the fest show how idiot those guys in the company that organizes it can be. Couldn't they make it the during the weekend??????? Anyway the first day of July is going to be great.