Opeth in Perth

Jun 1, 2008
If theres anyone going to Perth to see opeth, can you please post the setlist in this thread so i can make a nice mixed cd to get me pumped!

Anyone know what the support bands are going to be? Would they be different in each city because I'm going to the Melbourne show and heard Behind Crimson Fucking Eyes are supporting. Oh how I hope this is false, they are a terrible try hard fucking scrEaMO band and them supporting Opeth would be absolute bullshit.

Anyone know what the support bands are going to be? Would they be different in each city because I'm going to the Melbourne show and heard Behind Crimson Fucking Eyes are supporting. Oh how I hope this is false, they are a terrible try hard fucking scrEaMO band and them supporting Opeth would be absolute bullshit.

im pretty sure behind crimson eyes supported iron maiden when they came to sydney not too long ago. the fucking crowd was booing them and throwing shit at them while they were trying to perform, fucking disgraceful

Disgraceful?

They were fucking shit. Plain and simple. I wouldn't throw anything, but come on, they were terrible. Everyone was pretty decent to them in Brisbane, but then they played a cover of Ace of Spades, and it became hostile. Never want to see them again.

Yeah I heard BCE supported Iron Maiden. One of the worst fucking decisions ever made. Seriously, why have such a terrible band supporting one of the greatest metal bands ever? Great way to open for such an amazing band... :err:

I've never heard Virgin Black but out of all the awesome bands in Australia, they had to choose some symphonic christian one.

Not a fan of Virgin Black. I wanted Ne Obliviscaris :(. That would have belted. Oh well seeing them soon as well, but it would rape seeing them both in the same night.

although they aren't metal, BCE are also on Roadrunner...the chances of them supporting are pretty high...

so because they didnt the crowd is allowed to throw shit at them? thats a fucking stupid argument, why should the promoters insolence affect the cockfaces in the crowd? the crowd can act independently, no one is forcing them to be so fuckin crazy. you get to see your band fine, just shut up and at least be civil to the openers, whoever they may be

I've never heard Virgin Black but out of all the awesome bands in Australia, they had to choose some symphonic christian one.

Symphonic, I give it to you. Christian, I doubt it.
Rowan London has said in a few interviews that the lyrics are not meant to be christian but spiritual in nature. They are not pro church if that's what you refer to, quite the opposite. And they are not anti god either, if that's what it seems that I've implied.

Anyway. I love Virgin Black and can't wait to see them live.

To answer the initial question of the thread, VB will open for Opeth in the Australian tour and that includes Perth. (they put August in the website but was a mistake obviously)

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]VIRGIN BLACK with OPETH - 2008 Australian Dates:2 August 2008 (Tuesday)Metro CityPerth, Australia4 August 2008 (Thursday)Thebarton TheatreAdelaide, Australia5 August 2008 (Friday)Palace TheatreMelbourne, Australia6 August 2008 (Saturday)The Big TopSydney, Australia7 August 2008 (Sunday)The ArenaBrisbane, Australia[/FONT]