OPETH IN SEATTLE... oh wait, they aren't in seattle this time

Brackofthemountain

CTHULU PUPPETMASTER
Oct 14, 2005
Seattle
Yeah... so I'm heading out to Spokane on Friday to see Opeth. The only question that is raised is how bad I'm going to be looking for parking in Spokane. I'm figuring because Spokane has a population of about 300,000 people roughly in the area... they're gonna charge for parking. But I could be wrong. Anywho... looking forward to seeing all you Spokanians there... along with us Seattleites who missed out on Opeth booking a venue there^_^.

Brackofthemountain said:
looking forward to seeing all you Spokanians there

:lol: at "all". I assume I'm the only Spokanian on this board....

You should be able to find parking on the street within a few blocks of the venue, but I could be wrong.... I never pay for parking, but I'm a tubborn bastard, willing to walk for miles, etc.

HeHeHe...
This is the first time that I don't have to drive to Seattle to see the Mighty Opeth, so I'm pretty excited. I live in a little SHIT town about 25 miles away called Post Falls, Idaho. I hate driving in downtown Spokane and finding parking is kinda hard, but its worth it! Good luck on your journey, see you all at the show. PEACE!

Brackofthemountain said:
Yeah... so I'm heading out to Spokane on Friday to see Opeth. The only question that is raised is how bad I'm going to be looking for parking in Spokane. I'm figuring because Spokane has a population of about 300,000 people roughly in the area... they're gonna charge for parking. But I could be wrong. Anywho... looking forward to seeing all you Spokanians there... along with us Seattleites who missed out on Opeth booking a venue there^_^.

Finding a free parking space on the street in Spokane on a Friday or Saturday night can be a bit of a drag. Not sure where everyone from these cars goes though, as there aren't generally a lot of people walking around (except for a few homeless people and wayward teenagers). Anyway, if you're looking for a free spot on the street, west and/or south of the Big Easy is probably your best bet. East of the venue takes you closer to the heart of downtown and more traffic. You may be able to find a lot nearby that won't be too expensive; parking is much cheaper in Spokane than it is in Seattle (a lot space is usually in the $5- $6 range as opposed to $10 - $20). I can't think of any place specifically since I work downtown and have a monthly spot just three blocks away and don't pay much attention to other lots. In any event, downtown Spokane is nowhere near as busy as Seattle, so you shouldn't have much trouble.

Have a safe trip over and I hope you enjoy the show. The Big Easy is a great venue for concerts with an excellent sound system and a lot of good vantage points to the stage. Hopefully the pass will be clear -- it snowed here yesterday, but is warming up now.

Dee Snarl said:
:lol: at "all". I assume I'm the only Spokanian on this board...

Carl, you magnificent bastard...I read your post...

(...my George C. Scott impersonation...thank you very much...)

Now we are two (...Spokanians that is...)!

I was going to go since they aren't playing Vancouver, but can't make it out now.

I think the reason they aren't playing in Seattle and Portland (and maybe some other cities) is because Kreator/Napalm Death are playing those cities those night (and probably planned the tour before Opeth) and probably playing the venues they would have been playing at.

OpethFanEternal said:
HeHeHe...
This is the first time that I don't have to drive to Seattle to see the Mighty Opeth, so I'm pretty excited. I live in a little SHIT town about 25 miles away called Post Falls, Idaho. I hate driving in downtown Spokane and finding parking is kinda hard, but its worth it! Good luck on your journey, see you all at the show. PEACE!
I live in the shit town of Post Falls as well. There is a huge parking garage a little ways down the road from the Big Easy... It's open 24 hours and I usually pay $5 to park there every time I go to an event at the Big Easy.

Take a right on Sprague Ave. (one way street) and it will be a block or 2 down the road to your right. You really can't miss it.

YEAH!!
This is my day-after-Opeth post.
Anyway, this is my third time and they fucking rocked! (as usual)
Other than some DevilDriver fan who was a complete douchebag the show was perfect. I got to see White Cluster and The Amen Corner back to back.
I was 5 ft. from Peter the whole time, it was sweet, hope everyone had a good time, rock on Opeth!!

Thanks for the great show.

By the way, i may know you possessed, what school did you go to/when did you graduate?

LOL... I was probably right next to you when he was yelling out random shit quotes from DD...

LONG LONG WAY FROM SIN TO SACRIFICE!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... Opeth put on an awesome show, but I was dissappointed with the venue. As big as it was, their amplification SUCKED. I was standing back at the end of the set and was noticing how horribly distorted the speakers above Opeth were. It was horrible. Plus I remember going home that night having all of my hearing.

El Corazon in Seattle might be small, but at least they have good amplification. Oh yeah, and there were a lot of douchebags at that concert. Lots of mormon and emo kids. Especially a lot of them making out in the mosh pit... when I crashed into them, as they were getting up, they got all pissed off at me. WTF???

Brackofthemountain said:
El Corazon in Seattle might be small, but at least they have good amplification.

That's one of the worst sounding venues I've ever been too. Opeth on the Deliverance tour was the closest to good sound I've ever heard there.
Unless they've upgraded their sound system since late 2004. :p

Awesome show. :headbang:

(Aside from that weird buzzing sound and all of the other annoyances, of course. :mad: )

Set list was the standard...

Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
The Amen Corner
The Baying of the Hounds
Closure
Under the Weeping Moon
The Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance

Great show. I don't know what this talk about the poor sound system is...everything sounded just fine to me.

I walked away with all my hearing. Usually, especially during Opeth, I get my ears blasted out. Opeth still has their standard Laney amps... and Lopez's drum set(even though he wasn't there) was still premiere. El Corazon can at least crank up the volume to compensate for their shitty lack of space.

OpethFanEternal said:
YEAH!!
This is my day-after-Opeth post.
Anyway, this is my third time and they fucking rocked! (as usual)
Other than some DevilDriver fan who was a complete douchebag the show was perfect. I got to see White Cluster and The Amen Corner back to back.
I was 5 ft. from Peter the whole time, it was sweet, hope everyone had a good time, rock on Opeth!!

Thanks for the great show.

By the way, i may know you possessed, what school did you go to/when did you graduate?
I graduated from Project CDA in 1993. You may know me from seeing me at Wal-Mart in Post Falls..lol, I manage the Menswear area and used to manage the Pets area.

Hey did you notice Dark Tranquility chilling out and watching the show with us? :)