Why no Opeth in San Francisco

outerone

Alchemy of the Sorcerer
Feb 9, 2006
San Francisco
Does anyone know why Opeth seems to be skipping San Francisco on their 2nd North america tour. When they played here in October Michael said they would be back on this 2nd tour but they seem to be leaving out the Bay Area.

I just hope they havent been able to maybe get a booking yet but will soon. There is a day in the schedule that is open after the LA show.

Please Opeth come and play your metal to the people of the Bay:headbang:

worldwide_suicide said:
Miakel and his gay jokes in san francisco wouldn't have a nice ending. that's why

Actually when Mikael played in SF for the GR tour he introduced Peter like this:

"Here he is – tall & handsome, but unfortunately gay!"

The whole crowd exploded into laughter - how refreshing is it to find a metal band infused with humor. This really helped my friend appreciate Opeth more - finally a metal band that doesn't take itself so seriously all the time! :cool:

NeilPeart said:
Actually when Mikael played in SF for the GR tour he introduced Peter like this:

The whole crowd exploded into laughter - how refreshing is it to find a metal band infused with humor. This really helped my friend appreciate Opeth more - finally a metal band that doesn't take itself so seriously all the time! :cool:

Haha that was a good one. I think Dev Townsend might have influenced Mike to have a laugh on stage.

NeilPeart said:

moooooooahaha thats great.

Pauly's metalheads said:
Now I'm happy they didn't come, cause Dark Tranquility kicked some heavy ass!!! :lol: :headbang:

I had to tend to a serious issue a few friends that day had to take care of, or else I would have definately went. :) Dark Tranquillity is awesome, and I am a fan. The Minds I, Projector, THE GALLERY....amazing works of music.

I heard they lit up the stars.

Hey, can you descirbe a little bit more, though. How was the atmopshere, and how did the fans react to Mikael's voice? DT are kings.

A Reason To Sing said:
I had to tend to a serious issue a few friends that day had to take care of, or else I would have definitely went. :) Dark Tranquility is awesome, and I am a fan. The Minds I, Projector, THE GALLERY....amazing works of music.

I heard they lit up the stars.

Hey, can you describe a little bit more, though. How was the atmosphere, and how did the fans react to Mikael's voice? DT are kings.

Sorry to hear about that. I had something like that in January, so I missed In Flames.

They tore it up like anything.....we ate it up and they loved us for that(Mikael kept putting his fist over his heart in response), in parts of the songs we were doing European style chanting, "Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey". Mikael's voice was in full tone, and force. But they did play ThereIn so that was cool too. Guess we better get back to the DT forum to discuss this more.:saint:

"it was solid
yet everchanging
it was different
yet the same"