Opeth in the UK

hey peoples ,, i noticed that nobody has mentioned that withering surface are the support to those two bands!!! ..

thats gonna be ace ..

hey veil ,, are you definitely going to brum? .. you should come see em in leeds,, gonna be miles better, its right next to the train station and we are all going to a club afterwards that sells really cheap alcohol!!! ..

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

That was awesome! I missed most of Withering Surface's gig, but they seemed solid from what I've heard.

Arch Enemy were a total step up mind, frenzied and powerful. Angela was one hell of a frontman(woman?), and was a virtuso on Air Guitar. And she looks too small to be doing that with her voice... ah well. My gain, anybody who failed to turn up's loss. Ravenous was definitley the hilight of their end of the gig.

Opeth... Well. We all know this, but it bears repeating again...
OPETH FUCKING RULE!
Interestingly enough, if you hear live mp3s/bootlegs from that gig, and you hear someone growling those same words, thats probably me.
Anyway... they were awesome. Godhead's lament was powerful, The Drapery falls beautiful... Demon of the Fall was :yow::headbang::OMG::worship:

In fact, the only overall downside of the gig in general was the evil way in which they played it last so I couldn't edge to the back and be ready to scamper...

What can I say? Come back Opeth, I miss you already.

Thanks to the band, and all the friendly people at the gig :)

Well, I kinda disagree.

I think Arch Enemy were the best out of three. Angela totally rocks!! Such a tiny thing with such a voice and energy...unbelievable.

Withering Surface were ok but I found Opeth's performance rather boring and daunting except the last 20 minutes. Perhaps my expectations were too high, I don't know. I have to say though, those 20 minutes made up for it, it is very rare that I headbang on the gigs and I did then, so it must have been good.

Overall, it was a good night and I have really enjoyed it.

this seems to be one of those bills / gigs ,, that very few people can possibly be disappointed at .. juding by the responses that ive seen everywhere else as well ,,

if anyone wants to send in a review for the raw nerve site, please feel more than welcome, tangaroa@rawnerve.freeserve.co.uk ,, our resident opeth obsessive mr widdle (paul carter) will be writing about it, and adding to his already wonderful review of MAYH by opeth, and the gig review that he did last time they were over! ..

should be good!

aha! leeds eh!

i'm supposed to be going to some nottingham rock night thing on friday night (which is in stoke ..strangely) but if that falls through. i might just go to the leeds gig too.

hehe

i should travel up with the bands or something.

i've just finished my finals and i'm going heavy metal nuts all around the country i've decided. gonna go to as many gigs as is humanly possible. anyone recommend any others? anyone here playing any?