Opeth live dvd set coming?

it was a torrent of a show from 2003, but someone asked if anyone had the NYC "chronology" show available and here's the important bits of what was said:
Town Hall in NYC and HOB in Chicago both have been taped. Torrenting of the tapes, probably not going to happen.
ll of the "special" shows are being recorded for DVD release, so which one gets released will be the question. I see the special set Thursday night...should be good!
I heard Town Hall was taped.....but a DVD of the trilogy is rumored for release

they stated several times that they were not recorded/taped professionally, so I dont know why you would say they are being released.

I didn't say that, you dyslexic bastard. I just saw the conversation and copied/pasted it here. thanks.

I read somewhere in an interview with Mikael that it was a "one off thing" and would not be released.

(Sorry but I don't remember the source but that was what was said/written. I hope it's wrong!)

RiffBoy said:
I read somewhere in an interview with Mikael that it was a "one off thing" and would not be released.

(Sorry but I don't remember the source but that was what was said/written. I hope it's wrong!)
I think I read that too.

Yeah, another n00bie entered this beautiful forum after months of lurking :)

But to the supposed DVD recording.. I wouldn't want them to tape those shows and slap 'em on a DVD. Ofcourse, i would have killed to be at those shows. But, a DVD without Lopez wouldn't be.. Opeth.

Axenrot kills, but as long as Lopez is still their official drummer i won't believe that the band will put out any DVD with a substitute drummer. I wouldn't want them to, anyway..

Rawr said:

But to the supposed DVD recording.. I wouldn't want them to tape those shows and slap 'em on a DVD. Ofcourse, i would have killed to be at those shows. But, a DVD without Lopez wouldn't be.. Opeth.

Axenrot kills, but as long as Lopez is still their official drummer i won't believe that the band will put out any DVD with a substitute drummer. I wouldn't want them to, anyway..
Yeah I forgot about that actually.. Makes sense. They probably would have if Lopez was back I imagine.

Rawr said:

Like they did with the Grand Conjuration Video with Gene Hoglan on drums ... :Smug:

Rahan said:
Like they did with the Grand Conjuration Video with Gene Hoglan on drums ... :Smug:

Road Runner pressure.. I think they HAD to make this video, like they HAD to edit the song to make it shorter..

Just my thoughts! But releasing such a 'big' dvd with a substitute drummer wouldn't feel right...

Why? Per was just a session keyboardist on Lamentations, so why would a substitute drummer be any different? The world of Opeth can't just stop, otherwise they would have never made MA,YH. Its the Opethian way to carry on and do the best you can with what you have (like Mikael doing bass) or having a substitute drummer for a future DVD if need be.

vampyrouss said:
Why? Per was just a session keyboardist on Lamentations, so why would a substitute drummer be any different? The world of Opeth can't just stop, otherwise they would have never made MA,YH. Its the Opethian way to carry on and do the best you can with what you have (like Mikael doing bass) or having a substitute drummer for a future DVD if need be.

The keyboards were such a big part of Damnation, that they brought Per along with them.. Otherwise, the Damnation tracks wouldn't sound right!
But i think that a session-musician is way different than a substitute.. Lopez is still the official drummer! And even though Axenrot does a damn good job, i can't believe they will release a dvd with him on drums. Not until they confirm him as their new drummer. (If ever!)

I wouldn't want it myself, if it were my band.. If i decide to release such a big thing on DVD (they know fans are waiting for a DVD with older songs on it), then i would want my full band on it. All official members!
Having a substitute drummer for gigs is understandable, they can't let thousands of fans down! But they can decide for themselves when they record their new DVD, so my guess (really, just my guess) is that they'll wait until either Lopez returns, or until they have a new official drummer...

But then again, i could be way wrong... Just my thoughts :saint: