Feb 10, 2002
upstate new york
Visit site
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=41987

Anthrax
14 May 2005
Sydney, Australia
UNSW Roundhouse

Recording: Sony Hi-MD MZ-NH1 (Hi-SP Mode) > SP-SPSB6 (160Hz Bass Roll-Off) > SP-CMC2A
Transfer: Sonic Stage > Convert to WAV with Hi-MD Renderer > Tracking with CD Wave > FLAC Level 8

Recorded from the Soundboard area

The Mod Team told me that the Blues Brothers intro is not allowable on Dime so it is not contained in this torrent

Please do not sell or distribute in MP3 or similar format

DISC ONE
01. Among the Living
02. Got the Time
03. Caught in a Mosh
04. A.I.R.
05. Madhouse
06. Antisocial
07. N.F.L.
08. Deathrider

DISC TWO
01. Medusa
02. In My World
03. Indians
04. Be All, End All
05. I'm the Man
06. Metal Thrashing Mad
07. I am the Law

I'm listening to it now, just got done downloading it about 30 minutes ago.
I'm going to do some major EQ'ing to it and burn discs again because the high end is buried. It's all low end and midrange. The high end is there, it just needs to be brought out. Other than that, it sounds clean. It's not distorted or anything.
Regardless, happy downloading everyone! :headbang:

Trephinator said:
Hey people,
this is my recording - did my best to get it out quickly.

You totally got it out there quickly, which is much appreciated.

If you don't want me to post an alternate sounding version of your recording, just say the word. I respect tapers wishes.
I thought i'd ask first, which is why I posted on dimeadozen asking you.

For the record guys, I've got an alternate recording to offer which I made. Glad to see there's someone out there doing the same as I do (and with similar equipment too)!!!

Anyway, I used the following gear from the balcony above the soundboard:
Sony MZ-NH1 MD (HiSP mode), Core Sounds Premium stealth condensor mics (no filters used during recording)
EQ work performed using 30-band graphic EQ in Cooledit Pro v2.1
Dynamics processing performed using Soundforge v7.0

It was very tricky trying to bring the guitars out to the foreground, but that's usually the problem I deal with most friggin' rock concerts I go to. I wonder what the sound guys are actually hearing half the time? Even Frankie was playing peek-a-boo with his bass sound where some notes resonated more than others. The least the sound guy could've done is run 3:1 compression on Frankie but that's all in the past now. I tried to bring out as much of Frankie into the mix without overpowering the rest of the band. The other hard part was getting the right amount of top-end considering I was competing with a very harsh set of primary high-hats as opposed to the more tame remote high-hats. Damn I wish I was in control of the mix!

Anyway, you be your own judge and flavour it to suit your tastes. If anything, I would guess that you'd be more inclined to cut the bass down.

I haven't gone to the extent of FLAC encoding, mainly due to server storage restrictions. At any rate, you can find the files here for the next couple of weeks before I take them off the server. Please do not use these recordings for your own financial gain. As a drummer myself, that's just plain out fucked if you do!

Enjoy! I know I am!

Artstar said:
For the record guys, I've got an alternate recording to offer which I made. Glad to see there's someone out there doing the same as I do (and with similar equipment too)!!!

Anyway, I used the following gear from the balcony above the soundboard:
Sony MZ-NH1 MD (HiSP mode), Core Sounds Premium stealth condensor mics (no filters used during recording)
EQ work performed using 30-band graphic EQ in Cooledit Pro v2.1
Dynamics processing performed using Soundforge v7.0

It was very tricky trying to bring the guitars out to the foreground, but that's usually the problem I deal with most friggin' rock concerts I go to. I wonder what the sound guys are actually hearing half the time? Even Frankie was playing peek-a-boo with his bass sound where some notes resonated more than others. The least the sound guy could've done is run 3:1 compression on Frankie but that's all in the past now. I tried to bring out as much of Frankie into the mix without overpowering the rest of the band. The other hard part was getting the right amount of top-end considering I was competing with a very harsh set of primary high-hats as opposed to the more tame remote high-hats. Damn I wish I was in control of the mix!

Anyway, you be your own judge and flavour it to suit your tastes. If anything, I would guess that you'd be more inclined to cut the bass down.

I haven't gone to the extent of FLAC encoding, mainly due to server storage restrictions. At any rate, you can find the files here for the next couple of weeks before I take them off the server. Please do not use these recordings for your own financial gain. As a drummer myself, that's just plain out fucked if you do!

Enjoy! I know I am!

Any chance of seeding a lossless version of the show?

Cool - I'll have to check this out - this makes at least 4 sources I know of for this show! - good stuff.

I really need to work on getting up to speed with touching up a recording after the fact - I'm careful not to have my levels too high so I don't have clipping problems - EQing would help alot of my recordings.

I was standing right next to the sound guy - to look at him you wouldn't think he was working a show.

Artstar said:

fuck
dimadozen is full..

my old ez tree signin doesnt work.
that's fuct !
anyone wanna email me their login details ? i'll be good i promise.
whitewatersky A t yaho0 .c0 .uk
thanks andrew

jdelpi said:
Any chance of seeding a lossless version of the show?

As requested:

dht://4B1EA4EE7EDCF9DCD4B099D7E2C75F2FAC144248.dht/announce

if that doesn't work...

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:RHPI7JR3WBZN3O65BY23PG4CLBM22UCP

It's on the decentralised tracker which is something new for Bittorrent so if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll put it up on a torrent site instead.

Artstar said:
As requested:

dht://4B1EA4EE7EDCF9DCD4B099D7E2C75F2FAC144248.dht/announce

if that doesn't work...

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:RHPI7JR3WBZN3O65BY23PG4CLBM22UCP

It's on the decentralised tracker which is something new for Bittorrent so if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll put it up on a torrent site instead.

I'm not even sure what to use to open that. :confused:

jdelpi said:
I'm not even sure what to use to open that. :confused:

With your favourite Bittorrent proggie, just type in either one of those URL's in File -> Open URL (or it may be labelled Open Location) and that should do it.

If neither of the links work, please say so.