Opeth Live

Legerdemain

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2003
The Great U.S.
Visit site
I'm new to the whole Ultimate Metal forums, well actually this is my third attempt at having a sucessful account that hopefully works out. If not it could be my only post.

You see next month Opeth arrive in America and on May 12th the fellows will be stopping by Atlanta. I live in a small town in Alabama so it's no more than a two hour drive to the city. My friend and I, hopefully another as well intend on going there if things work out. I've always been interested in attending a live show of a European metal band seeing that I have never been. Or attending any concert of bands that I enjoy. The trip alone is well worth it, and the destination which would be the Masquerade that evening would be the good reward.

So, how many here have seen Opeth or Lacuna Coil live? To those of you that have I'd like to hear some of your opinions and thoughts on their performances. I can already suspect that I wouldn't be disappointed. And what a great pair they will make, both are completely different bands but talented musicians that have composed some good stuff.

Oh, and I believe the two will be with some band, Yakuza. Anyone mind giving me some info on these guys as well? Form of music, common theme involved in their songs. I'd appreciate it, and it can be brief.

Well, it's less than a month really before they visit Atlanta. My friend owns a digital camera and hopefully here in the next few days it will be confirmed whether we go or not so possibly we'll get some good seats. That would mean some great photos. If so, I'll end up posting whatever amount of pictures we take that are relevant.

Take care

why wouldn't you go? go, for christs sake!
opeth will have you reeling for weeks. they're incredible. i dont know. you cant really describe it without just throwing around random adjectives. you just have to go and experience them. go. go. go.