Opeth Live album?

skyshock1

Scorched earth triumphant
May 14, 2001
Southeastern US.
www.myspace.com
Think it'll ever happen? Even the guys in Opeth say they are always plagued by techinical difficulties at live shows (although when I saw them in Atlanta, that didn't seem to be the case).

Do you think a good live CD will ever make it to print? Maybe one recorded straight from the boards and sent to Fredrick Nordstrom for mixing?

Mmmm.... that'd be cool!

What i would like to see is like a deliverance damnation type thing where theyll do a live album of all regular opeth stuff, not just one show but collections of regular live songs put together, just like the morbid angel live album.Then youll have a damnation type where its all the soft hits like creedance, to bid you farewell, fair judgement and what not.

idk, yea they are amazing live but i think they still they havent broguht the atmospheric sound of the cds to the live set. They should invest in racks or more reverb haha so right now i can care less if they made a live album, id probaly buy it anyway if it did come out

Hmmm...bad new,guys...
I talked with Martin Lopez when OPETH was at Lille 2 months ago and I asked him the question about a live album....and there's no way for the moment..:erk:
But , he talked about a DVD ,with videos like the Harvest one...you know,during the recordings of Blackwater Park and D1/D2 ...like a reality show(bullshits like Big Brother)...and maybe they would record a Damnation show in order to put it in this DVD (hmm,if I have understood well...)...that's all I can say and add....

opethmaniac said:
Hmmm...bad new,guys...
I talked with Martin Lopez when OPETH was at Lille 2 months ago and I asked him the question about a live album....and there's no way for the moment..:erk:
But , he talked about a DVD ,with videos like the Harvest one...you know,during the recordings of Blackwater Park and D1/D2 ...like a reality show(bullshits like Big Brother)...and maybe they would record a Damnation show in order to put it in this DVD (hmm,if I have understood well...)...that's all I can say and add....

Wow, if that DVD comes out it would ruuuuuuuuuuuule....

I would definitly take a live DVD over a live cd. I can get audio bootlegs anytime, and same with videos, but an official pro-shot Opeth DVD would rule!

They should play like a "special night with Opeth", kind of like Dream Theater. Play for 3 hours, and cover all sorts of material they hardly ever play in a live setting.