Opeth & Moonspell - 2004/2/27 - BitTorrent

markgugs said:
I actually spoke to a number of tapers, including one last night, and he expressed a great deal of dissatisfaction with the new M1. Said there were a considerable amount of problems with the first run of them, etc. He said that the price I can get a brand-new D8 for right now is a steal and I should jump at it. They're near-identical in size, so...

As for the transfer deck...I said I got a killer return, not won the lottery :)

My buddy has a Tascam and will be handling all digital transfers for me. No worries for now. :headbang:

Not sure who you spoke to, but the M1 is a few years old and is well regarded as having a superior A/D compared to the D8, the D8 has some wacky transport issues and i think difficulty with DDS tapes...you might want to stick with a M1, IMHO. Go over to taperssection.com and ask over there, those guys/gals are super friendly and will add their 2 cents to which dat portable you should buy, my money is on the M1, i've owned it since December and have no complaints whatsoever.

markgugs said:
While I'll be the first to admit it was done in drunkenness and out of haste when I shamefully allowed myself to be baited by an obnoxious 22-year-old, in retrospect, offering ANYTHING of any kind to 99% of these fans was a dumb move in the first place.

Obnoxious? I present you with a simple argument to which you could've either ignored or at the very at least admitted that you acted rude to everybody, but the best thing you can come up with is "you are a punk ass little kid" and "you know nothing of the bootleg world."

You, being 31 (since this is so important to the topic), packed up your shit with your tail between your legs so to speak, insulted everyone on the way out, and probably cried yourself to sleep, since you couldn't think of anything wittier to say than posting the number that I gave you in your signature. (Which, if you remember, was given to you so that we could "hash this out like adults.")

I will rescind my previous statements of "this bootleg sounds like crap" and mold it into "this bootleg is entirely not unique from the others you were bashing that are in mp3 form." You made a big stink about it, told everyone that had a different opinion than yours that they were stupid little kids (you are 31 remember), and then tried to tell me I don't know what a compressor was. This is where I stepped in and tell you are one of those bootleg psychos, who are more intrested in what format the freaking show is being traded in than the sound quality of it (which you have already admitted to being amatuerish.), which is a subjective matter. However, it is entirely rude and gives a bad name to bootlegging when you come to a message board such as this one preaching about proper bootlegging and throwing around your opinions like they are fucking golden when a majority of the people here don't give a fuck either way what format it is in and just want to hear a show.

You were rude, you talked a bunch of shit, you got called out, and you failed pretty miserably at arguing about it. I still don't see how this makes me obnoxious, scared of you, informs you that I attend college or live with my parents, or baited you into making a fool out of yourself.

Keep on rockin' with your bad self, you and Jeff will make a lovely couple.

Niel :headbang:

Mr. Niel said:
Obnoxious? I present you with a simple argument to which you could've either ignored or at the very at least admitted that you acted rude to everybody, but the best thing you can come up with is "you are a punk ass little kid" and "you know nothing of the bootleg world."

You, being 31 (since this is so important to the topic), packed up your shit with your tail between your legs so to speak, insulted everyone on the way out, and probably cried yourself to sleep, since you couldn't think of anything wittier to say than posting the number that I gave you in your signature. (Which, if you remember, was given to you so that we could "hash this out like adults.")

I will rescind my previous statements of "this bootleg sounds like crap" and mold it into "this bootleg is entirely not unique from the others you were bashing that are in mp3 form." You made a big stink about it, told everyone that had a different opinion than yours that they were stupid little kids (you are 31 remember), and then tried to tell me I don't know what a compressor was. This is where I stepped in and tell you are one of those bootleg psychos, who are more intrested in what format the freaking show is being traded in than the sound quality of it (which you have already admitted to being amatuerish.), which is a subjective matter. However, it is entirely rude and gives a bad name to bootlegging when you come to a message board such as this one preaching about proper bootlegging and throwing around your opinions like they are fucking golden when a majority of the people here don't give a fuck either way what format it is in and just want to hear a show.

You were rude, you talked a bunch of shit, you got called out, and you failed pretty miserably at arguing about it. I still don't see how this makes me obnoxious, scared of you, informs you that I attend college or live with my parents, or baited you into making a fool out of yourself.

Keep on rockin' with your bad self, you and Jeff will make a lovely couple.

Niel :headbang:

ownedmickey.jpg

Don't you mean e-run over? I don't know how many times I can explain the differences between the real world and your computer fantasy one.

Ouch. Stop running me over. Ouch.

It's almost as much fun as watching my fans go out of their to post their elation! :lol: You guys all :headbang:

estimate said:
At least I'm not markgugs.
You mean, at least I don't have a job and at least I haven't moved out of my parent's house?

BTW: To all of your real Opeth-fans with bad connection, the show is up on the hub. It's in 192 kbit mp3-file. Enjoy.
GabrielKnight: the above statement is exactly WHY there will no longer be anything shared here.

markgugs said:
You mean, at least I don't have a job and at least I haven't moved out of my parent's house?

GabrielKnight: the above statement is exactly WHY there will no longer be anything shared here.

Like it's such a fucking tragedy that people will be listening to MP3s...

Shit like this is what makes people call you a Nazi. Fucking tyrant.

Hey asshole: I explicitly and pointedly asked that the show NOT be converted into a LOSSY format like MP3.

So your asshole cohort did exactly that. NOW, NO MORE ITEMS FROM MY COLLECTION WILL BE SHARED HERE. IT'S A SIMPLE FUCKING EQUATION.

Now seriously, for the last time, piss off cunt.

markgugs said:
There you go being shamefully baited again. I like how you no longer have anything to say to me. I guess I'm too young to respond to anymore. What does having a job have to do with bootlegging? You are such a crybaby. What's next, are you going to start questioning everyone's sexuality?

I thought you said you were leaving.