Opeth on American radio!!?

Wallet Boy

Sep 7, 2001
Visit site
Well sort of...

I'm a fan of Opeth, haven't posted on this board before, but this was too cool to pass up..

I was driving up to NY and had 102.7FM on and this syndicated talk show, The Tom Likus Show, was on that station. It comes back from commercial, and the acoustic riff about two minutes into Blackwater Park comes on, and that goes right into that main BP riff. Then it faded and the host came on.

Very brief but playing Opeth to lead into a talk radio show!!?

Pretty cool shit.

I heard this for the first time about a year ago...Tom Leykus used the intro to Blackwater Park as bumper music when he came back in from commercial. When I heard it, it sounded damn familiar but I couldnt figure it out until I heard the Akerfedlt "grunt," and it was all "HOLY SHIT" from there.

don't expect it to go farther than that unless opeth gets signed to one of the four corporations that control the american media, and i think we can agree that won't happen any time soon.

Yeah I hear Pantera played constantly in the background of a station I listen to. Once after a football game, during the post-game show, they were playing Dream Theaters Overture 1928, I was in complete awe!

And ONCE, I heard a whole DT song played on a station. It was at about 3:00 AM though.

If you knew how much of a fucking twat cocksucker Tom Lickass was, you would be angered that he was playing Opeth as intro music. What a douche bag....

Actually, I have been listening to Tom Leykus for going on three years now and he makes alot of very valid points about the training society puts on us and how to break through it. Now granted, many times he will be overly extreme I dont agree with him on many, many things...but at the very least, he is provocative and makes you think about stuff (on a serious episode anyhow).

Besides, I would much rather listen to him than Howard Stern...

There is like a program on the station Triple J here in Australia.. '3 hours of power' or something along those lines, and the guy that hosts it is a heavy metal head. And so far on there I've heard 'Face of Melinda' and 'The Drapery Falls' :).

well, i'm sure you can hear opeth on the radio if it's a college/independant radio station. one around here has metal shows like 5 times a week, i havent heard opeth but i've heard them play all of DT's glass prison, nevermore, my dying bride, LTE, and stuff :]