Opeth on Uranium again

AlgaeScraper

stranger by the minute
Jun 26, 2002
Earth, for now
Visit site
I caught the end of an interview with that poseur "metal chick" on Uranium last night. They were hanging out in the tour bus. Then they talked about black metal a bit. She then went on to ask questions about their hygiene and talked on her own hygiene as well. It was actually one of the better interviews I have seen with her as it actually focused on the band and not on her (as much).

SHe was talking to Opeth about "Black Metal"?
confused.gif

Hey, do they show re-runs on the following day? Could I catch it anytime today? maybe, hopefully? I made sure to tape the last one...and record it to my satellite. And watch it...3 times.

Chaos Incarnate said:
Ok, I hate to sound like an idiot, but where did the name Opeth come from?

It came from "Opet," meaning "city of the moon" from a book....forgive me--I've forgotten the name of the book.....I guess I should've just let someone else answer :Smug:

The name was taken from a book by author Wilbur Smith, and was originally spelled Opet without the "h" at the end. The meaning was unknown for Mikael until he quite recently found the book himself, and got the knowledge that Opeth was the city of the moon.

AlgaeScraper said:
I caught the end of an interview with that poseur "metal chick" on Uranium last night. They were hanging out in the tour bus. Then they talked about black metal a bit. She then went on to ask questions about their hygiene and talked on her own hygiene as well. It was actually one of the better interviews I have seen with her as it actually focused on the band and not on her (as much).

What is Uranium? Is it a TV program?

estimate said:
The name was taken from a book by author Wilbur Smith, and was originally spelled Opet without the "h" at the end. The meaning was unknown for Mikael until he quite recently found the book himself, and got the knowledge that Opeth was the city of the moon.

This is interesting... Since Michael said this in an interview a while back, the (false?) fact that Opeth (or Opet) is the name of the city of the moon in Smith's book has been retold over and over again - without no one really looking it up. A quick internet search tells me that Smith's Opet (the book is called "The Sunbird") is an ancient egyptian city - not a city on the moon. I am going to get that frigging book and look it up myself - and I might well be wrong, maybe the egyptian city has some kind of connection to the moon, I don't know.