Opeth "Orchid" inducted into Decibel Magazine's Hall of Fame

Victorialand

Aug 24, 2007
Decibel Magazine (February 2008, #40) inducted Opeth's "Orchid" into its Hall of Fame. All members interviewed -- yes, including Anders Nordin and Johan DeFarfalla.

Decibel February 2008, #40 will be available January 8 at newstands.

and johan claims the opposite :)

anyways, of all of their albums, why orchid? :erk:

Why "Orchid"? It's the start of something completely different for death metal, and out of Opeth's albums it's the one where there's the most story behind it. First album, new members, David kicking himself out of the band, signing to Candlelight, etc. And, most importantly, it's a fucking incredible album.

Off-topic, but how does Sepultura's Roots get inducted over Chaos A.D? or Arise? or even Beneath the Remains?

Off-topic, but how does Sepultura's Roots get inducted over Chaos A.D? or Arise? or even Beneath the Remains?

I would like to know the same thing about how records by Green Day,Offspring,Marilyn Manson,Blink 182,Trivium,Slipknot,The Darkness,The Smashing Pumpkins,Deftones,Pearl Jam,Weezer(???),Janes Addiction,Alice In Chains,My Chemical Romance and Korn could get in Kerrangs list of the 100 greatest rock albums of all time but not a single Opeth album.

Well, some of those bands have decent songs and undeniably influential albums. Not to mention it's a rock album list...

Yeah but since there´s also bands like Emperor,Slayer,Megadeth and Metallica in the list i reckon Opeth weren´t excluded for that reason