- OPETH Sell Out Melbourne Show!

it seems like theres a pretty strong metal following in Melbourne, for whatever reason. I know a reasonable number of people who listen to Opeth... and I do see people just walking around in Opeth t-shirts every so often. Maybe whoever planned the gig just didn't anticipate this... a lot of big rock concerts wouldn't sell out a month in advance, let along small shows at bars

Hey Kush, i'm not trying to make you feel worse, but didn't you go
"shit, opeth are coming - if i miss it i will kill myself - i better run and get my ticket."??
Sure if you had no money or other reasons then fair enough
i'm not trying to give you shit or anything
just wondering....

Kush! JJJ just mentioned that the Corner might have extra tickets available on the day! Maybe if you go early you can score yourself one!
He is playing In My Time Of Need from Damnation now!
eek.gif
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/racket/default.htm

Another friend who hasn't got a ticket rang the venue tonight and the guy told him that they were sold out and that's it... tough cookies.

So... god knows.

Bad luck to all that missed out. I got my ticket last Friday. I was on the corner hotel website and it said they were already sold out. It was terrible, but not wanting to give up hope I rang the corner and they said they still had tickets (which was strange). So I was unbelievably lucky. And to think I wasnt going to buy one for another two weeks! Since when do metal gigs sell out anyway. I brought my SYL ticket for the corner 3 days before the gig. Thats my story.
The point is dont give up hope just yet. Also try gaslight and the missing link, they supposedly had tickets.
I have a hunch that Opeth will tour here again one day, but they might not be the same when that happens.

Just read in The Gospel according to Haug column in Kerrang magazine "we're in for a special treat, with the band planning on playing for well over an hour and a half." :cool:

Hell yes but looking at the insane amount of shows...they zoom in...zoom out and won't even have time to pat the Kangas.