Opeth setlist?

InFlames235

Apr 20, 2002
Danville, CA
Visit site
I was just wondering what Opeth has been playing on the European tour and I would also like the first Opeth gigs setlist in america to be posted when that happens (I believe October 10th?) just to see if it's any different and what not. I'm really sorry if I have missed a thread with the setlist and also am really sorry if there has been a thread with a request for the setlist in America when they come here!! Thank you all Opeth fucking rocks!!!!!!! :headbang:

Setlist on the european tour
Playlist:
1. Deliverance
2. The baying of the hounds
3. When
4. In my time of need
5. Death whispered a lullaby
6. The drapery falls
7. The grand conjuration
8. Face of Melinda
9. Blackwater park
10. Demon of the fall

Only two tracks from Ghost Reveries? I thought they were touring the new album, not a greatest hits package! And to make it worse, rather than playing "Ghost of Perdition" or "Reverie/Harlequin Forest" they're playing "Grand Conjuration", a song widely and rightly seen as one of the weakest on the album! Maybe they'll be including more & better GR tracks later in the year once the reaction to the album is clearer & they've had more time to rehearse new songs... I'm going to see them in late November in the UK, so here's hoping!

Poorly at my concert they didn't start with "deliverance". The first song was "baying of the hounds" and i'm not such a big fan of this song... :Smug:

Where are you seeing them play Optic? Im seeing them in London, Oxford, and Exeter so it'd be cool to meet up, have a drink whatever.

Deliverance is a great opener, and I do agree that they should change the songs from GR, but I think that they'll keep Grand... as it is the single, and I know that isn't always a pointer to the best song, but it is probably the best known song. Also, could the fact that Martin is still ill affect their choice of songs?

Oakenpalace said:
Setlist on the european tour
Playlist:
1. Deliverance
2. The baying of the hounds
3. When
4. In my time of need
5. Death whispered a lullaby
6. The drapery falls
7. The grand conjuration
8. Face of Melinda
9. Blackwater park
10. Demon of the fall

At least in Finland on the 25th they started with Baying of the Hounds and played To Rid the Disease instead of Death Whispered a Lullaby.

But yeah. Mostly the setlist has been the same for every gig. I think they didn't play The Drapery Falls at one of the Finnish gigs.

Optic said:
Only two tracks from Ghost Reveries? I thought they were touring the new album, not a greatest hits package! And to make it worse, rather than playing "Ghost of Perdition" or "Reverie/Harlequin Forest" they're playing "Grand Conjuration", a song widely and rightly seen as one of the weakest on the album! Maybe they'll be including more & better GR tracks later in the year once the reaction to the album is clearer & they've had more time to rehearse new songs... I'm going to see them in late November in the UK, so here's hoping!

Shut up

the current Opeth setlist is a really weak one. only 3 songs there i ike (v´Baying, When, Demon).
they should include;
Godhead's Lament (instead of the lame Face Of Melinda)
Twilight Is My Robe
Dirge For November
Masters Apprentices
Advent
Ghost Of Perdition

I'm entitled to have and express an opinion Jonsii, that's what discussion forums are for. If you disagree with me, or think I shouldn't have made the comment I did - say why! Are you not a fan of Ghost Reveries? Have you been to a gig with this setlist and thought it worked really well? Do you believe that in general bands should include mainly long-standing favourites rather than focusing on newer material? Are you fed up of people criticising Grand Conjuration? Any of these opinions would be fair enough - just telling me to "shut up" is not.

Jonsii said:

they've played advent, godhead's lament and master's apprentices on recent US tours. I'd definitely love twilight is my robe, karma, ghost of perdition, dirge for november...those are actually top on my list for songs I haven't heard.

Optic said:
I'm entitled to have and express an opinion Jonsii, that's what discussion forums are for. If you disagree with me, or think I shouldn't have made the comment I did - say why! Are you not a fan of Ghost Reveries? Have you been to a gig with this setlist and thought it worked really well? Do you believe that in general bands should include mainly long-standing favourites rather than focusing on newer material? Are you fed up of people criticising Grand Conjuration? Any of these opinions would be fair enough - just telling me to "shut up" is not.

Sorry :erk:

No matter what they play, I'll enjoy the concert on October 30th. Based upon the past four times I've seen them play, even if they play a song that isn't my "favorite", it doesn't take one thing away from the enjoyment of seeing them live.

It seems there are many tour experts in this forum. :Smug:

Damn, Im surprised theres not more love for Baying of the Hounds on here, its prob my favorite song from GR. I do wish they would also play ghost of perdition but otherwise I think those are the highlights of GR. I agree with everyone that is pushing for godheads and dirge for november, both amazing songs. Godheads and Deliverance were what got me into Opeth in the first place. Anyone ever thought of doing a giant request thread or poll for songs people want to hear live and making it sticky or something? If Opeth actually noticed it and decided to play them that would just kick so much ass......

I'll be at the show on the 9th, will post the setlist after I get home. I could say theres a lot of songs I want to see them play but i'll enjoy it at any rate.

All I know is that I'm happy that they are going to play "When" at least that's what I've heard so far. But in general the fact that they are going to play is enough for me.

Speaking of which, anybody going to the San Francisco show?

pac1288 said:
All I know is that I'm happy that they are going to play "When" at least that's what I've heard so far. But in general the fact that they are going to play is enough for me.

Speaking of which, anybody going to the San Francisco show?
Right here, man! I can't fuckin' wait this will be my third time seeing them and god damn they are so fucking amazing live!!! I am ecstatic for this concert and can't wait for the setlist to be posted :headbang: