Setlist for upcoming Athens gig?

ZoltriX

Slave to the parasites
Mar 4, 2004
Greetings,
i am looking forward to seeing opeth for the 2nd time in Athens, in March 6th.

Can anyone shed some light on what the setlist will be like? I was guessing that it would be the 'mellow' damnation set, taking into consideration that the last time opeth played in greece was in support for the deliverance cd (awesome show btw). But now i am reading reports from gigs in america and seeing that they are playing a lamentations setlist(?) on their 3rd(?) tour.

So, what are the the greek fans to expect ? :)

ps. setlist for 3rd Hungary - Budapest E Club anyone???

Im going to tell you that they are probably going to play something like the Lamentations US setlist, so minus plus a few songs, and thats probably what youre looking at, Im sure they are done with the fulll Damnation set forever.

i don't know if it's just me, but wouldn't you fellas' rather be suprised with the setlist when you are AT the show? i tried to avoid the lamentations setlist for as long as possible, because the lamentation gig i went to was at the very END of the tour. however, it was ALL over the board, and i was like, whatever, i guess i'll have to see it. if i had not known the set before i saw it, i think i may have been more surprised and enjoyed it slightly more. although even on the official site they informed which rare tracks they were rehearsing, there was still a bit of uncertainty for the set, haha.

you are right for the most part. what i just want to know is if they are playing the damnation setlist or not (probably not as it seems). getting psyched to see a brutal show and getting an acoustic one (or the other way round) is what i am trying to avoid.