Opeth show in Los Angeles

Hey, I am going to the LA show too.. and I also tried to get the pre-sale tickets, but I don't have the password either... but you can buy regular admission tickets starting on the 30th of this month. I hope to see you people there... although I don't know what you guys look like... But still.. I might see you without knowing it.

<offtopic>
i just found out today, the kd/nile/behemoth/bdm show is coming to san fran the day after i get back there....so i can go. this after i thought i'd miss it cuz they're playing here in portland the night i fly back. *smacks forehead* i am utterly retarded. but thrilled nonetheless.
</offtopic>

^ah yeah man i feel ya, but i'm still gonna go. i've only seen opeth once, last january, and i definitely can't miss the opportunity to see them again, even if it's a short daytime set. i'll just make fun of the glamcore kids i suppose, and grimace my way through the rest of the bands (except for SYL, LoG, and unearth)...i'm pretty damn confident they're gonna come around for a headlining tour soon (after the new album comes out), but i can't pass up an opportunity to see 'em...guess i'm a fanboy, but eh what the hell, i can't afford to be picky

Mr Samsara said:
Here are my thoughts...

:devil:

ya I'm actualy a little skeptical. how long will Opeth be playing for? because I seriously doubt I will enjoy watching the other bands. I might just wait for them to come and do a real tour, assuming they are planning on that. I went to the show in January '04 at the house of blues, and it was great. hmm. it's a dilemma

You guys are making me guilty and I'll freak out if they don't come back and I'd have to live with the fact that they were 30 miles away and I didn't go. I keep saying to myself..."It's not like Opeth isn't worth 30 bucks to see them for 45 minutes" and then I'm countering myself with, " well then.. what the fuck are you bitching about then?!? Buy your ticket!" So....Let's take roll call then.. who is going and who already has tix... and where did you get them, the SOTU site?

:devil:

edit: So I just purchased my ticket. Who's going aside from me?

So..... I was just thinking now that we have a bit more news... it doesn't look like we will see Opeth in the US until 2006 with a headlining tour to support the new record... so I'm glad I got the tix for this show... I bet we will hear some new shit!! :headbang:

Out.:devil:

I hope headlining show comes during any holiday.. I dont wanna miss shows cause of school :(

Anyone live in San Francisco area btw? I live in San Diego but planning to move to SF.

atrocity said:
I hope headlining show comes during any holiday.. I dont wanna miss shows cause of school :(

Anyone live in San Francisco area btw? I live in San Diego but planning to move to SF.

I live in Santa Cruz but I'll be at the SF show