opeth song tournament: final result

opethpainter

the psychedelic servant
Jan 20, 2002
italy
jump.to
as many of you thought, black rose immortal has survived all the rounds of this [stupid????] game, and has won the tournament.

and now?

I agree with you stinkfist, the ending 5 mins is excellent, but that whispered bit would be the absolute perfect ending, its a bit of an anti-climax.

Black Rose Immortal....obviously, it is the fan favourite amongst these boards! I'm glad it has won for its brilliance is beyond words....truly.

And yes, I will also agree that when Mikael whispers "Black Rose Immortal" it would have made the perfect ending....:D that whisper rocks, plain & simple!

The part where he begins singing, "I have kept it...the amaranth symbol..." with that stunning riff in the background brings chills down my spine everytime....I mean, EVERYTIME!!! So powerful and moving....the way his vocals just express all these emotions by his dark and at the same time, beautiful *vocals* is just incredible!

I shall now tell you all my TOP 3 favourite moments of a song so brilliant, and full of stunning moments, that it's actually quite hard to name just three...but I will!

1. The acoustic piece (which turns to distorted guitar) right after the flow of water is heard - absolutely stunning! I'm getting the shivers already.....

2. Acoustic piece....at "Sunbirds, leave their dark recesses...." Oh, wow...just awesome!

3. And now, yes..."The Amaranth symbol" segment...and all the music that is heard after the acoustic piece (above) is over....damn brilliant!

I love all three nearly equally, actually....

Yes! The ending scream is an amazing way to end that song. My favorite part has to be the "Sunbirds" part, the vocals are so beutiful and I love the progression, its my favorite acoustic moment by Opeth