Opeth - The Remixes

Kir-ir-Bannog

...no ordinary rabbit
Jul 2, 2004
Cambridge, UK
I was thinking after the crushing performance at London, how cool a remixes studio album would be from Opeth. Extremely unlikely to happen, but think about what you would like to have on an album of Opeths, which are old tracks.

The "Remix" is basically the same songs with our new wizard; Per Wiberg on synths and keyboards.

What tracks would you like to hear Per contribute to on a studio album?

As for me, we already have the incredible versions of Weeping Moon, Melindia, Demon of the Fall on the Roundhouse Tapes, so here are my ideas:

To Bid You Farewell
Advent
The Moor
In Mist She Was Standing
Forest Of October
The Leper Affinity
Deliverance

I think it would be pretty cool, *if* it were done correctly. I've heard some remix albums that absolutely suck and I've heard some that are pretty brilliant (The Cure put one out that used to get pretty regular rotation around my house. It was really well done). I wouldn't really care what songs are on it, as long as it was done well.

it's hardly likely to happen, it's hypothetical. I'm not actually offering you the option of a new release.

FFS.

I think the versions they have done live of older tracks with Per adding his own stuff have been sensational.....

yes, we need a new remix or even re-recording on morningrise and orchid? mike couldnt sing properly back there imo and the overall sound quality is, as familiar, horrible.

yes, we need a new remix or even re-recording on morningrise and orchid? mike couldnt sing properly back there imo and the overall sound quality is, as familiar, horrible.

Isn't that kind of the point? When bands first start out, they don't sound as good as their latest shit. The poor recording, imo, actually adds to the mysterious and dark atmospheres of Opeths first records

Isn't that kind of the point? When bands first start out, they don't sound as good as their latest shit. The poor recording, imo, actually adds to the mysterious and dark atmospheres of Opeths first records

I disagree but I understand your point. I can safely say that I dislike the first two records, and if they would be re-recorded with better sound-quality (lets just leave out Per now for the moment) you still have your old records that you can listen to, and people like me can listen to the records as well (the re-recorded ones)

I don't consider myself to be less "true" for disliking the first two records, the sound quality is awful which we both agreed on. This makes me unable to listen to them. While I certainly enjoy some sections of some song and one or two whole songs, I still see the potential in the music and it would justify the material if it was actually listenable (relative I know, but I think you see the point I'm trying to make).

I think that, if they did decide to re-record them, they would be able to market them and sell them again, attracting new listeners and also old listeners like me to buy them.