Opeth - The Roundhouse Tapes Leaked

Looking at the setlist, I may buy this album. Most of the songs from it I like, and I could use the refreshment.

metal-archives.com said:
Disc 1
1. When
2. Ghost of Perdition
3. Under the Weeping Moon
4. Bleak
5. Face of Melinda
6. The Night and the Silent Water
Disc 2
1. Windowpane
2. Blackwater Park
3. Demon of the Fall

what blows? the fact that the bands doesn´t want people to steal their albums? why not buy the album instead?
Of course I will when It comes out but I'd like to have a perfect version to hold me over for now. They have been my favorite band for about 6 years now so I've purchased everthing possible.

btw listening to Under the Weeping Moon and it sounds phenomenal.

There were people on the Megadeth boards complaining about this only being 9 songs. When I saw them live in 2005, they only played 8 and they were on stage for 2 hours.

Opeth's songs are lengthy so I don't see what the argument is all about. I seen them at the Chronology at HOB in Chicago when they had no opener.
Just Opeth for 3 hours. Everything from Orchid - GR. Probably the best show I've ever seen.

I haven't listened to Opeth in ages, better rectify that when I go home tonight.

I was tempted to download the leaked version, but I heard about the beeps, and there doesn't seem to be any "clean" versions out there.

The cover is alright, nothing special.

It gets released next week, so it can't hurt to wait.

Only as a CD. Peaceville has a really jewish marketing scheme here. CD of it first, DVD next year.

I downloaded it, but I'll be buying the DVD.

I prefer listening to live CD's than watching the same songs. I have a much better focus on the music when it's exclusively an audio experience. Plus it's more convenient because I can listen to it anywhere (with my iPod) and not have to carry around a big DVD case.

Hrm, looks like they atleast bothered to get permission from the other labels involved so they could include music from past albums as well this time. Lamentations was pretty well made but the setlist was really disappointing, mostly focusing on their least interesting period (Damnation/Deliverance) due to MFN not wanting to shell out the cash for the rights to songs owned by Peaceville and Candlelight (anything before Blackwater Park basically).

I guess I might pick this up.