Opeth to tour the UK in November 2006!

Ken Lyall said:
Paradise lost are supporting Opeth in Glasgow. Anyone know if they are any good?

Paradise Lost are a great band (if somewhat maligned of late). I saw them play the G2 in Glasgow last... October (I think). They were the tightest band I've ever seen, by a mile. Of course, that could be due to the fact that their material is very straightforward... but they were excellent, nonetheless. The mix was poor though, couldn't really hear Nick Holmes that well.

But, to put it simply, for anyone who went to see Opeth on the last tour:

Paradise Lost >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Burst

*EDIT* Have either band actually confirmed that PL are supporting. I mean, I know Ticketweb says they are... but I haven't seen either band comment on it yet. Anyone seen anything 'official' looking?

Well, the Glasgow gig will be good, because it's at the ABC this time. No shitty-arsed curfew there!!!

What do you think the chances of PL getting at least an hour for their set are? Wishful thinking, I suppose...

affinityband said:
Im orderin enslaved tickets soon. With Zyklon and 1349 (wank). Still.... Im gettin my moneys worth.

Dunno anything about 1349 at the moment but Keep of Kalessin are on that tour as well aren't they? I'm quite into their new album right now.

affinityband said:
Im not sure, i read 1349. I could be wrong though.

They're playing too, according to this:

http://www.taburec.com/index.php

UK TOUR WITH ZYKLON, 1349, KEEP OF KALESSIN:
07/09/2006 Colchester Arts Centre, Colchester, UK
08/09/2006 Corporation, Sheffield, UK
09/09/2006 Garage, Glascow, UK
10/09/2006 Manchester Academy 2, Manchester, UK
11/09/2006 Carling Academy Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
12/09/2006 Mean Fiddler, London, UK

Keep of Kalessin kick almost unlimited amounts of arse!

That's the first I've heard about Keep Of Kalessin. But it can't be, because if it's at Glasgow Garage, there couldn't be more than 3 bands. There's a curfew of 10pm, so everyone's sets would be painfully short that way.

Liquid Diamonds said:
That's the first I've heard about Keep Of Kalessin. But it can't be, because if it's at Glasgow Garage, there couldn't be more than 3 bands. There's a curfew of 10pm, so everyone's sets would be painfully short that way.

Dunno, I just swiped it off Tabu's website. K of K is a recent discovery thanks to nfu, an energetic Norwegian bm band whose new record sounds fabulous.

Ken Lyall said:
PT in October, Opeth November, it's going to be a good autumn.
YES! Seeing PT down south, here in London tho. and, hopefully, going to see all Opeth dates but Glasgow. Cos its too far =)
You have fun there in Scotland, tho!

Ken Lyall said:
Thanks, but this CAN'T be it! they've played Mean Fiddler and The Forum on their last two visits to london. so NO! they can't play in a... pub! =(

THIS IS IT!
http://www1.roundhouse.org.uk/about/

As Ken said, the gig listing generally says "Roadhouse", not "Roundhouse" although it is incomprehensible that Opeth would play a bar in Covent Garden.

Yeah, probably.... But Covent Garden is cool. Loads of interesting bars, etc, and good atmosphere. One of the few place in West London that actually feels quite nice. I'd be pretty chuffed if they played round there.

Paradise Lost >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Burst

Nooooooooooo!!!! Burst are worlds better. I'll be at the bar for Paradise Lost if I can make it. *snooze*

evildave said:
Nooooooooooo!!!! Burst are worlds better. I'll be at the bar for Paradise Lost if I can make it. *snooze*

Have you ever seen PL live. Granted, they're not the always the most mind-expanding band, but they rock live. Much better than Burst (although I guess I can see why Burst might be more appealing...).

But don't forget, Paradise Lost like, invented a genre. Credit where credit's due.