Visit site
Ok, so opeth.com lists the following dates for the upcoming UK tour:

26th Liverpool Uni, UK
27th Manchester Uni, UK
28th Glasgow Cathouse, UK
29th London Mean Fiddler, UK
30th Birmingham academy 2, UK
31st Leeds Cockpit, UK

But meanfiddler.com says that "Alex Lloyd" is playing on the 29th, and right now, tickets-online.co.uk are selling the following tickets for this tour:

Liverpool University Liverpool SUN 26/05/2002
Cathouse Glasgow TUE 28/05/2002
Manchester University Manchester WED 29/05/2002
Academy 2 Birmingham THU 30/05/2002

have the dates been rescheduled or something? anyone know anything about this?

right it could be for this reason:

theres the mean fidler (formaly known as LA2) which means that next door is a gay club and also London Arena 1. mean fidler is next door so this ''Alex Loyd' could be playing at the london arena. i hope that opeth have to re-schedule though as i cant go on the 29th.

i'd give it a bit more time though, start worrying about tickets on the 5th of may or something...

hmn, reading your thread again, more closely, and without using my special powers of dislexia i see that opeth are probably doing the date after this or not at all. hmn, interesting, new hope has glowed in me about maybe going now, as long as its after the 30th...

By the way, I think that the dates for the London (29th) and Manchester (27th) are being changed, because the douche bag alex lloyd has booked the mean fiddler on the 29th.

So I believe the new dates will be: London Mean Fiddler: 27th and Manchester Uni: 29th. That's probably why some of the tickets are on sale and some are not.

If you look at some booking agencies, like www.wayahead.com then the date for the manchester uni gig has actually been changed to 29th May.

Well.. I'm going either way.. so could anyone tell me how I can get to Mean Fiddler? (..I live in Brighton..) DogVomit are u studying in Sussex univ?

Originally posted by TheMindzI
Well.. I'm going either way.. so could anyone tell me how I can get to Mean Fiddler? (..I live in Brighton..) DogVomit are u studying in Sussex univ?

Nope I'm not at sussex uni, I come from Hastings (south coast also).

To get to the Mean Fiddler just get the train to Charing X station, it's like a 10 minute walk away.

Transparent: hmn, reading your thread again, more closely, and without using my special powers of dislexia i see that opeth are probably doing the date after this or not at all. hmn...

:lol:

that makes sense that opeth have probably swapped the manchester and london dates, as meanfiddler dont have anything booked for the 27th. Its also the only the day that week where i dont have a GCSE the following day, so im hoping they do play then :)

Originally posted by phon1c
It's much nearer tottenham court road station i think, its about a 30 second walk from there :)

umm.. is there a train straight from brighton to tottenham court road? or should i get the train to victoria again? i've had a bad experience with that one last time :p
..30 second walk in which direction? :)

get outside the station, turn around, look up at the big sign saying LA, and your there. easy as that, its next door to a sex shop too so its not too hard to see...

whens all this gonna be cleared up about the dates and all? if nothing is by friday im going to see MDB so i'll check out the ticket office for more news.

Thought I'd just say (after constantly typing "opeth" into ticketmaster.co.uk for the last few days) that Opeth are playing the Mean Fiddler on the 27th May! The tickets go onsale tomorrow morning at 10!! YAHOO!!!!!

:):D