Opeth turns death metal into dark, seductive embrace

haha, mikael needs a new script for each concert, I think he's said the same jokes every show.

I'm hoping this isn't a sign that opeth is taking a turn for the worse, at least the album doesn't show it, thankfully!

bball_1523 said:
haha, mikael needs a new script for each concert, I think he's said the same jokes every show.

Eh, this is partially ruined because of forums/reviews. I mean, I think death metal and head banging lessons are funny as hell...and I would be disappointed if other fans did not get to experience that. It was a great part of the show. The Burt Reynolds thing, it fits, and fits well. I have no problem with him repeating himself during the tour because he is trying to make the show as enjoyable for everyone as possible. I would not ask for him to change a thing for I much prefer that to the "How are you fucking doing? I can't fucking here you! I need you fuckers to fucking tear this place a-fucking-part! Fuck! METAL!" (unless we are talking about Devin from Strapping Young Lad...he can say whatever the hell he wants)

Mike is a nice guy. He doesn't like to insult his fans. He's always been this way, which means that Opeth aren't changing.

winters epilogue said:
Eh, this is partially ruined because of forums/reviews. I mean, I think death metal and head banging lessons are funny as hell...and I would be disappointed if other fans did not get to experience that. It was a great part of the show. The Burt Reynolds thing, it fits, and fits well. I have no problem with him repeating himself during the tour because he is trying to make the show as enjoyable for everyone as possible. I would not ask for him to change a thing for I much prefer that to the "How are you fucking doing? I can't fucking here you! I need you fuckers to fucking tear this place a-fucking-part! Fuck! METAL!" (unless we are talking about Devin from Strapping Young Lad...he can say whatever the hell he wants)

I think they also should work on putting up a different set list each show. It gets boring when I keep hearing about people witnessing the same songs. I can understand that they probably don't have time to practice all of their songs, but if they ever get a chance, it would be awesome to add to their repertoire.

bball_1523 said:
Well... I'm pretty sure that most of the jokes/discussions with the audience in Stockholm weren't used on any other concert, or at least not anywhere outside of Sweden. ;)