Opeth vs Van Halen???

You're not the only 19 year-old to feel disconnected from your father - I was just like you 13 years ago. My father died two years ago, so I can't take advantage of my maturity to spend any time with him.

Go spend the evening with your dad. The great thing about a concert is that you don't have to worry about talking during the show. Go for the experience. Wait to see the Opeth headlining tour.
Y

Hey man, go see Van Halen with your dad. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity; one that the two of you could talk about forever. Perhaps it could be a bonding experience that could jump start a close relationship. And as for not having a good time, shit, my dad went to a bunch of shows with me over the years. Yeah, it was awkward (teenage years), but we still talk about it now after a decade or so.

Well, if it wasnt for Eddie Van Halen I'm sure Mike wouldn't of had the cool tapping solo section in The Grand Conjuration.. Hehe :lol:

See Van Halen with your dad and then catch Opeth on the headlining tour in the Fall.

uhh..opeth?!
like someone said, van halen is touring to make some money, not to mention they suck. Opeth is a hardworking band and needs the support. van halen 20 years ago sure, but ther washed up now, again this has been said. Go see Opeth, and take your dad.

uhh..opeth?!
like someone said, van halen is touring to make some money, not to mention they suck. Opeth is a hardworking band and needs the support. van halen 20 years ago sure, but ther washed up now, again this has been said. Go see Opeth, and take your dad.

uhh..van halen?! like someone said, opeth is touring much more, not to mention the set list will be longer. Van Halen is still a hardworking band and deserves your support. Eddie Van Halen was one of the best guitarists in the world 20 years ago, but now add years of playing experience, you don't lose what he had/has. Go see Van Halen, and take your dad.

i've seen some recent van halen videos on youtube and to be honest they sounded pretty bad, but if this is an opportunity to hang out with your dad then do that. don't try to feel disconnected from him, as you get older life goes by really fucking fast so try to spend as much time with him as you can. life is too short for petty BS. not to mention opeth isn't even headlining.... and mike himself thinks you should see van halen :kickass:

just for the record, i'm not an angstful teen punk who hates his parents and the world alike because he's 19, and who will someday grow up and become enlightened to the way things really are, spare me please,it just happens that i have deep personal issues with my parents, my father namely. but thanks for the feedback never the less. So i got mike's opinion i guess, but i still wanna see the guys as i haven't in awhile. I'm gonna either go to boston and try to sell the vh tix for another show maybe or i'll go to vh and try to catch O in new york.

Opeth songs can live much longer than Van Halen ones because thy're a lot deeper and take time to get into whilst VH can be understood after like 10 seconds of listening.