Opeth's logo stolen...by a cruise line???

Status
Not open for further replies.
This can't be.... WTF !!

Maybe they play Opeth during the retirement parties !

Alright as my first post I will explain what I did. I sent this cruise lines a series of e-mails. Here was there response. (and yes, the opeth logo is being used on street signs and shit :( )

anyways heres our convo

Soleil Du Soir wrote:
> v wrote:
>> If you mind could I see the website You bought this from?

>>
>>
>> Soleil Du Soir wrote:
>>> We purchased this logo from a stock photo website and purchased the rights to it. It is not copyrighted in any way, and though I do see from visiting opeth.com that they are using it as well, we do not plan on suing them for using the same image, since our industries don't overlap in any way, so you can tell them that they don't need to be concerned.
>>>
>>> Thank you for reporting this!
>>>
>>
> We really appreciate your concern, and thank you for contacting us. If you are from Opeth, and are concerned about us suing you for using the same "insignia," I would recommend that you contact our office tomorrow when one of the managers is in and they will discuss the matter with you. Otherwise, we really aren't able to provide this information without knowing who you are or why you want it. I'm sure you understand.
>
> Thank you again for your diligence in this matter,
>
> Customer Service
> Soleil Du Soir

No, Im not with Opeth. Just a fan of there music.

It might be a little mixed up but w/e its close enough.

Im super pissed off about this damn criuse line stealing the logo

What does an "O" have to do with "Soleil Du Soir"? That's, what? Sun of the Night? In Texas? In French? Is that supposed to be, like, classy?

Anyhow, it's the stock image house that's to blame here. It's like they got their hands on someone's bad Opeth wallpaper.

What does an "O" have to do with "Soleil Du Soir"? That's, what? Sun of the Night? In Texas? In French? Is that supposed to be, like, classy?

Anyhow, it's the stock image house that's to blame here. It's like they got their hands on someone's bad Opeth wallpaper.

Yeah thats probably true. some company took the logo and unknowingly sold it. Maybe. I call bullshit though and they just wanted to take it.

They aren't using the full Opeth logo. They are using the O in the same font. The question is, is this a custom font or a public font, in which case they have the right to use.

I just spamed their email. If everybody else does it then they'll probably figure it isn't worth the bother.

And someone get those billboard pics up! A website is one thing, but a billboard is something else entirely. The cruise company needs to be sent an email with some attachments of Opeth album covers and maybe even some audio clips. "Is this the sort of associations you want potential customers to make?"

I hope the band learns about this soon.

Well, I PM'ed there myspace. I doubt they will read it because they are always busy. but if enough of us pm them of this they might read it.

and

Ask them which site they purchased it from ...

They wouldnt tell me. They said
> We really appreciate your concern, and thank you for contacting us. If you are from Opeth, and are concerned about us suing you for using the same "insignia," I would recommend that you contact our office tomorrow when one of the managers is in and they will discuss the matter with you. Otherwise, we really aren't able to provide this information without knowing who you are or why you want it. I'm sure you understand.

You guys are going wayyy overboard. I would not spam them or even express a concern to this cruise company. If Opeth wants to take issue with it then let them take care of the matter.

It's french, and mean Sun of Evening (if we translate word by word) but we just translate to "Sunset"

What opeth have to do with crusing ? :err:

Status
Not open for further replies.